Also 2002, NK and e21

Attachments

• EBAFDB7B-B735-4E76-8CF9-70DCE9D1D62B.jpeg
    EBAFDB7B-B735-4E76-8CF9-70DCE9D1D62B.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 125

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Can you tell the collector that I am in need of 2 LSD's and a cool steering wheel please...

Lenoxx

Site Donor
Reaction score
I might need a new diff. I can drive to socal and pick one up. How can I contact the seller?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew, You know he will be keeping the rare stuff!

Lenoxx, I can put you in contact with him or Ryan who is coordinating the sale. Looking for a 3.64?

Lenoxx

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not sure yet what I'm looking for. To be honest, I don't know much about performance mods. But the price seems right and meeting new nearby contacts isn't a bad idea. I still need to scrape the mud from mine to see what I have.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Your 72 came with an open 3.64. You wouldn’t want a 3.07 with an overdrive trans. Euro coupes had a 3.45 as they had more HP, the US 2800CS also had a 3.45 but they are hard to find. If yours has a stamped or painted S it is limited slip. Ratio and stamp is on passenger side of diff on the flat boss beneath and just rearward of the half shaft. 40:11 is 3.64

Lenoxx

Site Donor
Reaction score
Your 72 came with an open 3.64. You wouldn’t want a 3.07 with an overdrive trans. Euro coupes had a 3.45 as they had more HP, the US 2800CS also had a 3.45 but they are hard to find. If yours has a stamped or painted S it is limited slip. Ratio and stamp is on passenger side of diff on the flat boss beneath and just rearward of the half shaft. 40:11 is 3.64
Cool. I'll look for the stamp. I'm pretty sure it's an open diff. The wheels rotate opposite each other. But the driveshaft rotates if I rotate one wheel either clockwise or counter clockwise, I can't remember which. I think my diff needs oil and/or its shot. I suppose I should have checked/changed the oil before driving it, but I just couldn't help myself. :D

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cool. I'll look for the stamp. I'm pretty sure it's an open diff. The wheels rotate opposite each other. But the driveshaft rotates if I rotate one wheel either clockwise or counter clockwise, I can't remember which. I think my diff needs oil and/or its shot. I suppose I should have checked/changed the oil before driving it, but I just couldn't help myself. :D
Here is my 3.64. Look for this on the casing :
fullsizeoutput_153.jpeg

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the stamping location. Now I know where to look to see what LSD is in my car. About 3000 RPM was 80 MPH ,and 4000 RPM was 100MPH in 5th gear.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the stamping location. Now I know where to look to see what LSD is in my car. About 3000 RPM was 80 MPH ,and 4000 RPM was 100MPH in 5th gear.

If it is an LSD it should also have an “S” near that “3”