:-D
Lovely Cars :-D:-D:-D

Attachments

• IMG_3927.jpg
    IMG_3927.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 410

bmwe91974

Reaction score
This is from the 1972/1973 brochure of GS Tuning. It is well known by lots of people. Can we see some GS Tuning brochure from 1968-1971 or 1974-1981, please ? :)

yes I would also like to see, since I have started getting a 75 gs cs made ready for spring, but I am starting to write with someone who has promised me to send some copies of a catalog from gs tuning, hope so that it is in the other second:???::???:
Feri Is there anyone out there who knows anything about GS tuning.

shanon

Reaction score
I did a google/wikipedia search once and it said that its founder fell on some hard times in the late 70s and passed.

it was an interesting read.

HTH
-s

feri

Reaction score
I did a google/wikipedia search once and it said that its founder fell on some hard times in the late 70s and passed.

HTH
-s

Nonono. You are talking about Hans Peter Koepchen, who was the founder of Koepchen BMW tuning 'company'. At the end of 1973 because of the oil crisis lots of tuner went out of business, including Koepchen. Then he has hard times, alcohol drinking problems, etc. H P Koepchen died in 1999.

On ther other had, GS name came from Gerhard Schneider, at the last activity I heard about his tuning company / race team was a GS owned/prepared ? BMW M1 from the end of 70's. Also I had seen a brochure from this period.

As I know he still lives in Germany. (according some pdf about his life, from a tyre company website).

B. Bovensiepen still lives, one of Schnitzer brothers also lives, and both Hartge brothers live, too.

bmwe91974

Reaction score
Whether they had more power I do not know ,when you could get them with different set-up from both tuners, my Cs GS is born with a 3 liter block and Solex 40 / 45 DDH cab, it is very similar to alpina B2, also the same air console. They saying that GS tuning secret was theirs, handling.

feri

Reaction score
bmwe91974:

To answer your question. I don't know any gs tuning guru, but I think the csl experts know couple of facts about the gs cars.

As I know the only gs tuning e9 period article was in the AMS magazine from 1972.

bmwe91974

Reaction score
ok thanks. Yes it is hard to get some information about GS, I know that there is some piece was created e9 both CSL and cs. When I spoke with Andreas Meissner from BMW Group Classic in Munich said that he knew some people who owned Bmw Gs. But those people wishing to remain anonymous, it's a shame. I know, unfortunately, someone who pushes the exciting cars but also wishes to remain anonymous Ugh.

But I'll keep you posted with my Gs

2275xxx

Reaction score

HTH
-s

GS ran into financial problems in the 80s and most of the assets were liquidated
(BMW dealership, tuning workshop, car rental company, mobile-home business,...)
The remains of the racing team were taken over by Walter Brun.

Schneider eventually left Germany and started a new life in Turkey.
Many years later (as he retired ?) he came back to Germany.
He was still alive in 2002.