Oktober-fast Vermont

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
weather permitting, I too will go!
Tom, we should try to connect along the way!
VSR would be a good place to meet

TodB

Reaction score
vt

Weather permitting, I might try to sneak up on 10/6.

FYI, the Bavauto Show N' Shine event in Portsmouth, NH is on Sunday, 10/7.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It would be good to see you Tod.
You coupe looks great in pictures, I want to see it close up.
Show and Shine is not in my future this year. patriots home game, I got tickets!

duane_sword

Reaction score
I will be going to BavAuto show in Portsmouth NH. Klaus Schnitzer from Roundel magazine and Bimmer magazine will be heading to BavAuto fwiw. Enjoy the tailgating Stan.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
weather permitting, I too will go!
Tom, we should try to connect along the way!
VSR would be a good place to meet

The ride is 88 miles from VSR, most of which is on Rt 9 and that is a very nice ride!
If we got to VSR by 5 we could conceivable get to Grafton by 7 and still have an hour to register.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Update

Not only a car show saturday.
But from George the VT chapter president "We are looking at a drive on Saturday afternoon"

duane_sword

Reaction score
I will not be able to participate in Octoberfast as that is the same day as Klaus Schnitzer's photoshoot with VIN#4310155.

Are you planning to go to BavAuto on the Sunday? I plan to be there and Klaus also.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I will not be able to participate in Octoberfast as that is the same day as Klaus Schnitzer's photoshoot with VIN#4310155.

Are you planning to go to BavAuto on the Sunday? I plan to be there and Klaus also.

I thought that was in Norwood last week?
I will not be going to show and shine.
I was googling and could not find a Marriott or Hilton property. Just e Grafton Inn at $165 per night.

duane_sword

Reaction score
No, last week (Thursday evening) was a BMW CCA Boston chapter evening with Klaus sharing a collection of his cover shots and articles over the years with BMW Roundel and Bimmer Magazine. Amazing photos and a wealth of interesting and humorous stories.

We ran out of time last week so he is coming back in October for the photoshoot and to cover the BavAuto show and shine.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just checked my calendar and weather.com... as of now (Monday), it looks like Saturday will be partly cloudy for OktoberFast. Despite the fact that I'll probably have not gone to bed the previous night, I'm planning on making the drive down. Chatter on this has been down for the past month, so is anybody else really planning on going?

btw, the weather sites are predicting rain for Sunday's Bav Auto.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
So, the combination of sketchy weather forecasts, the need to be at work mid-afternoon and already driving since 3:30am added up to a brief visit to OktoberFast. I was probably only there for 30 mins before I had to turn around and get back. The turnout was light, these are the only camera(phone) photos that I took:
http://s751.photobucket.com/albums/xx152/mad_kwyjibo/2012OktoberFast/