Oh, the things we'll do...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh man you own a Previa? That is another black hole enthusiast vehicle!
Supercharge me! I bought a non-supercharged Previa late last year from a private party here in town. They took it to a shop that quoted them $3000 to go through the whole van and replace all the old worn parts. They called us instead and I bought it for $300 picked up. It had 116k miles on it. We got it here and our guys cleaned it up (no new parts) and when I suggested they price it at $2500 they all laughed. They put it out there for $2500 and figured they'd drop the price after making me look bad and we sold it the first day for asking price. I think we could've gotten more. I checked it out while they had it on the lift and it's a pretty cool piece of engineering.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I did a brewery and tasting room once, and they had bags like those for the grains. And they used a forklift, too - to bring it up to a big hopper that then conveyored it over to the big stainless steel vats.
Stephen, speaking of finding help, I was dining at a local hot dog stand with a contractor friend. He excused himself to talk to a guy in line about working for him. When he returned I said, "Spencer, I guess good help is hard to find." To which he replied, "Bad help is hard to find."

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Indeed, the Previa is a very interesting vehicle. I bought this '95 supercharged version with 115K for $3k when we moved to Austin from Maui. I wanted one with a supercharger since it has more power and actually gets better mileage since it has a higher rear end ratio than the NA version. Yeah, it's still a van, but the performance doesn't disappoint.
( I used to drive a 1963 VW bus with a 40hp engine, so my baseline was set pretty low in my youth.)

Funny that they changed to the V6 front engined Sienna because Americans wanted more power and there wasn't room for anything but the four cylinder engine under the front seats. Now with economy rules tightened, everybody is putting either turbo or supercharged fours into their cars.

Mine needed new tires and I eventually replaced the couplers (giubos) for the SADS shaft to get rid of some vibration. I like Previas a lot. My engineer friend in Seattle has had several and has finally gotten his ultimate Previa, a 4WD Supercharged model.

My rear seats are stored and I'll take out the middle seat if I need to load something large. It came in handy when we were furnishing the house.