NY: 1973 3.0 CS - $26K

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks like it could be worth a closer look. needs some front seat work but if a rust inspection checks out its priced well.

jmackro

Reaction score
Craigslist ad said:
Selling My 1973 BMW 3.0 CS Coupe. 4 Speed. 6 Cyl. 46k Miles. This is an all original & Number Matching Car! 100% Rust free. Never in Accident! Exterior of car is in mint condition! Mechanically car is great also! With interior other than two front seats have a few rips rest of the Interior is in great shape! Looking for best Offer! This Car is very collectible and value just continues to go up! So for more info.Call show contact info
. please No Emails. & No Low Ballers. Not to sound Rude but Offers in the $ Teens. Will just be a waste of your time. Photos Wher taken just last week. Ty & happy newyear.

The $26K price doesn't appear in the CL ad - it says "Looking for best Offer!" Something seems fishy about an asking price of only $26K for an e9 with just 46K miles that is 100% rust free.

If the copy had more exclamation points, and worse spelling & grammar, I'd be more confident that it was a legitimate CL ad.

Last edited:

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Hmm...

1973 in Granarot?

Very odd photos and description and I doubt the "rust free" but thanks for the shout out and I will follow up with the seller to see if we can get a paint code and VIN to see what it left the factory with.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
What states have dark blue license plates with white borders?

B9A87437-102B-4BCE-8A77-D262C306E8D6.jpeg

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Old Nevada plates had that for sure... But the front and rear appear different...

If you look at the rear plate reflection in the bumper, it looks like a white background with blue letters doesn't it?

upload_2018-1-8_9-18-38.png

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hmm...

Maybe the car is in fact a 1974 Granatrot. Notice all four rear license plate lights?