Not just a fan anymore...

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
So after being on the forum for a while and being on the hunt for clean straight E9 I have finally taken the plunge and bought one. It’s a tidy Polaris CSI which was originally a UK delivered car and made its way down under in the 80s.
It’s not perfect by any means. This is my first restoration project but I’m looking forward to the adventure and no doubt a bit of heartache that comes with restoring a car.
Please bare with me as I’m only a novice and am here to learn as much as I can from all the knowledgeable members here.

And so it begins....

Attachments

• 99C95D08-392E-4BCB-9DFA-CFE9F9569766.jpeg
    99C95D08-392E-4BCB-9DFA-CFE9F9569766.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 349

Boobouna

Reaction score
Looks good mate. I’ll keep you up to date next time we go for a drive. Could be a few months though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys

Looking forward to catching up with the local e9ers for some first hand insider knowledge.

The main areas that require attention are cosmetic to my knowledge (at this stage). It is driving well, but paint and interior would be the areas that I want to address down the line.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Frankie,
Congrats on your purchase. Looks nice. Where are you based in Sydney? We are planning an E9 winter drive around June hopefully.

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks good.
Is that the one from ebay and gumtree?

Hey Wes yes this car was advertised on eBay. Was located in Melbourne so took a while to organise an inspection but finally got the deal done.
Feels great to finally have one in the garage.

Reactions: Wes