Nose job

CeylonstonE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would like to know your opinion about the nose of the car.

Small inner curve for the chrome nose molding does not exist. Is this a big deal?

I know the emblem is not at the center that will be fixed.

Attachments

• IMG-20190620-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20190620-WA0004.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics that might help.
Ideally you should install all three trims, nose and both fenders to insure a clean fit before the paint job. You’ll be surprised how much fiddling can be needed.

Keshav
C612AC2E-49FA-4E96-AB56-678C92C58F1D.jpeg
5E385C58-1520-47F4-B1FF-0D7F1218FC4C.jpeg
599F2129-A20E-4460-B9F5-2340A3A49E52.jpeg

CeylonstonE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
Moldings fit and fiddling stuff was done they fit ok but I am concern about that inner curve that chrome molding sits. Does mine look weird or ok?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
There's a new Media section of the site. Chassis Sheet Metal - Nose... And there's a bunch of photos of the front. Yours doesn't look right.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There's a new Media section of the site. Chassis Sheet Metal - Nose... And there's a bunch of photos of the front. Yours doesn't look right.

Dan & Mark, those Media pages and the pics available are simply incredible.
Unbelievable amount of work and perfect pics showing exactly needed comparisons. Hats off to you!

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Moldings fit and fiddling stuff was done they fit ok but I am concern about that inner curve that chrome molding sits. Does mine look weird or ok?

This pic from the Media section is what your fender/ nose cone should look like.

365DDD96-67A9-488F-8F0E-CC229972B36E.jpeg

CeylonstonE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok guys I apricate your honest opinions. I am trying to understand the size of the problem.
Now I am thinking about buying these 2 parts after talking to my body shop.

I am still open to any advise and opinions.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
HI, the first pic shows your nose panel being quite unlike how it left the factory. It looks weird, yes. Further in your mails you mention that the trim is fitted; can you post a pic to show the end result? If al is well, then the trim should sit a bit recessed, tucked in between the folds above and below the trim.
I guess your trim, when installed sits clearly on top of the metal.

CeylonstonE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
HI, the first pic shows your nose panel being quite unlike how it left the factory. It looks weird, yes. Further in your mails you mention that the trim is fitted; can you post a pic to show the end result? If al is well, then the trim should sit a bit recessed, tucked in between the folds above and below the trim.
I guess your trim, when installed sits clearly on top of the metal.
I don't have the picture of nose trim fitted. I am told that it was fitted with little bit of bending. I have the picture of fender trim and side signal. Also please let me know if you see anything strange signal fitment. I decided to buy front panels from W/N but don't know if it can solve the problem completely.

Attachments

• forum post 1.jpg
    forum post 1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 135
  • forum post 4.jpg
    forum post 4.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 135
  • forum post 5.jpg
    forum post 5.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 129
  • forum post 6.jpg
    forum post 6.jpg