Site Donor $
Reaction score

"... rust free car..."

Seriously?

68356092-770-0@2X.jpg

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tons of good undercarrige pictures. Not one of the engine bay?

If that outer rocker rust is all that is visible, then I would say 98% is pretty accurate. Seems to be a very honest car to me, but I'd would want engine bay pics for sure.

Ed Z

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
As a 74 it would most likely be Amazonas or Jade

Has to be a late 74 VIN # for the exclusive and superior Jadegrun, as it officially was a '75 color, as one Jadegrun owner has related to me a few times. ;)

Does anyone know what the rectangular impression under the rear body mount support here might be from? I can't see anything on mine there.

1568998850597.png

Last edited:

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Home made tranny support bracket? Conversion from auto?

My guess is it is not euro since you can still see the holes from the 5mph bumpers in the front.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Have to admit; really cool of the seller to take off the rocker covers. 95% of sellers don't do this.

Interior...uggh. Never a fan of grey interiors on ANY car!

To each his own, but white or extremely light interiors like this are disqualifying for me. My perception is probably biased because I'm too messy to ever maintain them.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the rectangular impression under the rear body mount support here might be from?

That is interesting... perhaps the car was undercoated with the subframes off the car and this is where they somehow supported the car with a chassis dolly?

Ed

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Peeling paint under the rocker cover may well be from rust/moisture, but it also looks like poor prep of paint-on-paint and putting the cover on before it cured may have contributed to the flaking. Definitely some rust in there, but might be the rare "looks worse than it is." I'm apparently a Holiday Inn body expert today, as well as an optimist.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Agree with Jay's comment about the grey/lighter interiors; wouldn't have been so odd on this one if the ashtrays and armrests matched the seats/door cards...

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Home made tranny support bracket? Conversion from auto?

My guess is it is not euro since you can still see the holes from the 5mph bumpers in the front.

Good eye! Kind of odd to remove the side-markers but not clean up the bumper holes. Maybe the bumpers, like the 5spd, came later, because area behind appears unpainted. Check that. Went to look at mine, and accordian support doesn't go back so far as the fender flare area where this appears to be missing paint. Who knows.

1569001592026.png
1569001721173.png

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Now I can see it
Grey leather looks "sickly" to me. Now original, in excellent condition grey valour is my all time favorite. There is a 2800 or CS brochure with photos. Sigh! My 73 CSi parts car had black valour, a close second to grey. But they were a mouse motel. Into the dumpster they went after stripping parts off. Sigh!

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That could be sunroof drain damage - hard to say until you strip/dip the car - and then you're really all in.