News from south africa

classicman

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am a new member to your forum although by no means new to the E9's. I have owned a few of them and although sold most still own a csl. It is one of the very first Carburettored models but is in a truly shocking state. The plan is to get it back to it's original Golf Yellow splendour once I am finished restoring my 2002tii Alpina A4 Clone.

The E9's are not very popular in SA, and most of them are LHD which makes it even more difficult to own in a RHD country. There is currently a 2000cs, 3 x 2800cs, a 3.0cs a 3.0csi and the Orange csl on the market and the prices range from $5,000 to $16,000 for the cs's and the infamous Orange "Batmobile" can be had for $60,000. All of them are LHD with the exception of the csl.

Are there any other members from SA on this Forum? I am planning to start a Classic BMW website for SA and start a register of all the 2002's, E9's etc in the country. Once this is up and running, we can collate the information with the other regsters around the country.

Anyway, I thought I would introduce myself for now. I look forward to learning and sharing with you guys in the future.

classicman

Reaction score
Hi Yannick

Yes, that is the car, how do you know about it? It is quite rotten with a lot of the parts missing, but it will rise again.

I know there are other csl's in SA. I know of about 9 in total including a genuine Batmobile up in Jhb.

giannicsl

Reaction score
hi classic....teile number + pics

well come classicman,,

pm would be nice to get in some pictures csl you have owned and chassis numbers ... besr regards,gianni

classicman

Reaction score
I've met Frank through Colin Van Son. I will be seeing them at a Classic Motorshow in pretoria this weekend. They are the unofficial "custodians" of E9 information in SA at the moment.

giannicsl

Reaction score
hi,

are giannicsl,

I am also interested in knowing more about your yellow csl ..

you can send me some pictures?

You make me really happy ....

I am also a fjord csl ... and he was my grandfather bought it new in 1973 ....

I wanted your help also to know that the 3.0 csl sonoin south africa!

I know of at least 5!

csl an orange batmobile RHD ..

a red

a fjord

a white batmobile ...

we can combine our knowledge and give a vin # to these cars?

I have pictures, but I miss the vin # ..

I send you my email and hope to find your kind reply soon ...

[email protected]

if you answer me I can send you pictures csl I know who are in south africa ..

I was 2 times in your beautifull country ...

I had my girlfriend around town kingwilliams Durbans ..

and I was in Sun City with her ... beautiful ....

her name was Sharon Luanne ...

was in 1993 ....

good memories ..

Hail

Gianni Loffredo

Rome-Italy
Ascolta
Trascrizione fonetica