Newbie just want to say Hi =)

atan888

Reaction score
Newbie here from the Bay Area (Norcal). Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi to everyone. I have been a big fan of the E9 coupe for some time now. I had a black euro 2000cs but didnt last long. I always wanted the 3.0. Today I bought my second E9 and is ready to be restored. I dont have much records of this car but I will be starting from scratch. I am the 2nd lucky owner of this California Car. Its an honest solid car and was never been in an accident and very minor rust. I cant wrench but I had a few German cars restored in the past. I like to buy my cars almost stock and I do the resto and mods .I am no pro but Im willing to learn :D

a658961070ffc06d5f65d3a9dedf9897.jpg

The bad :

c21d3fe330cd618eafb2c8b86df1616e.jpg

7e29fd21b920741d874dca5d54699515.jpg

dc05d3f2fcbc5fd6e9d16b404a301a6a.jpg

7d7f584ce4153794270e3c130392435d.jpg

0ea2b5d97bbd90a21f891fca6cb111e3.jpg

fef82df479b523ea034adecb38c8e75a.jpg

acat2002

Reaction score
Welcome to the house of pain!

Not at all relavant to E9 ownership, but I have to ask anyway....
How tail-happy is the CLK Black series?! That thing must need the equivalent of a Cray Supercomputer in the traction control to keep the wheels from breaking loose.

Fun toybox!

corsachili

Reaction score
Welcome to the coven. That's quite a stable you've got there. There are a goodly amount of us in the Yay Area. Love to meet you in person on one of the forthcoming Cars and Coffee.

tj in Los Gatos

atan888

Reaction score
acat2002 said:
Welcome to the house of pain!

Not at all relavant to E9 ownership, but I have to ask anyway....
How tail-happy is the CLK Black series?! That thing must need the equivalent of a Cray Supercomputer in the traction control to keep the wheels from breaking loose.

Fun toybox!

Very tail happy took me awhile to tame the beast. But overall its an excellent machine.

atan888

Reaction score
corsachili said:
Welcome to the coven. That's quite a stable you've got there. There are a goodly amount of us in the Yay Area. Love to meet you in person on one of the forthcoming Cars and Coffee.

tj in Los Gatos

Love to meet everyone as well. Just let me know when and I'll be there. :D Thanks

shanon

Reaction score
Welcome

Curious-what side of the Bay?

A Bay Area 'Cars & Coffee' is needed, where should it be?

-shanon

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We had a nice parking lot at the last one in Palo Alto. La Creme de cafe or Cafe de la creme, or some other permutation.

Will it involve a fast ride to the place?

I just run into Lelouche's Rendezvous in Youtube, that is why I ask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZF3W217tQE

atan888

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D Im glad to be finally a part of this forum. I have been lurking here for about a year now till yest I got my 3.0cs :D

atan888

Reaction score
I plan to revive her back to its showroom condition with Imola interior. Currently she has faded buffolo leather interior. Opinions are welcome :D

Tierfreund

Reaction score
Keep her silver and keep the wheels. From a bit of a distance, she looks very nice allready. Open lug Alpinas just suit the E9 so very nicely. Especially a silver one. Just my 2 eurocents...

Nice pictures of very nice cars. And obiously not only funds but taste!

atan888

Reaction score
Tierfreund said:
Keep her silver and keep the wheels. From a bit of a distance, she looks very nice allready. Open lug Alpinas just suit the E9 so very nicely. Especially a silver one. Just my 2 eurocents...

Nice pictures of very nice cars. And obiously not only funds but taste!

Thank you sir. I do plan to keep her silver and refinish the old Alpina wheels. Im currently debating on what front spoiler I should go with?

atan888

Reaction score
Need some info ??

Sorry I know this is a newbie question but someone has told me my seats are from a 74cs. My car is a 73. Do I have the wrong seats? I plan to redo the entire interior and it would be sad if I do it on the wrong seats :( . Thanks in advance.

Tierfreund

Reaction score
There´s a dealer in germany specialized in mostly german touring cars from the 60s and 70s. He has sold quite a few E3 and E9. Mostly very original or sometimes expertly restored. He allways has very good pictures on his website of is current stock, but also of the cars he has sold before. When trying to find pictures of how something should have looked for a certain model year, I allways browse his gallery. A very usefuell library.

His Webite is:

http://www.janzen-klassik.de/

his past sales are at

http://www.janzen-klassik.de/index.php?id=11

Some pictures of a very original 72 E9 would be at:

http://www.janzen-klassik.de/index.php?id=86

maybe those pictures are helpfull.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Re: Need some info ??

atan888 said:
Sorry I know this is a newbie question but someone has told me my seats are from a 74cs. My car is a 73. Do I have the wrong seats? I plan to redo the entire interior and it would be sad if I do it on the wrong seats :( . Thanks in advance.
Short answer is that the 'rolls' (pleats?) on the seats go 90 degrees from yours on earlier 69-73 cars, i.e. on your seatbacks they are horizontal where they are vertical on early seats. I think the top of the seatbacks are different as well.