Newbie Introduction

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't think I have one of those. I'll check. Maybe only the later years?

No "fasten seat belt" and no sign that one has ever been there. It could be the later Bav's (73-74?) have them or it could be that because mine is a super early 72 (July 1971) that it came later in 72?

IMG_3469.jpeg

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome, the e3 is simply an awesome car- especially with a standard!! When you need parts look here first, everyone who sells parts here cares more about the cars than the money!!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew- all the cars that came here normally came with lights.
You seem to think that things just “fall” from the sky.
From outer space or something......

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew- all the cars that came here normally came with lights.
You seem to think that things just “fall” from the sky.
From outer space or something......
Don, you know there is no "outer space or something" that things don't "'fall'" from the sky, that the moon landings were filmed in the Arizona desert, that the earth is flat.
"Things" were attached to our coupes and Bavarias, haphazardly perhaps, by Hanz and Franz especially after their two hour beer and bratwurst lunch.

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here’s another Baikal.
But bavbob is winning.

Attachments

• C3D6021F-9255-4CBC-8C53-8BAFC532DD4D.jpeg
    C3D6021F-9255-4CBC-8C53-8BAFC532DD4D.jpeg
    626.5 KB · Views: 141

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I won't enter the competition :) !

@Mot27cars...very nice! :cool: . I love the Baikal and chestnut interior...same as mine. I would have never guessed that combination would look as elegant as it does.

I indicated in my other tread that the PO had the shop that prepped the car for paint weld up the body line molding holes. I'm still torn as to wether I'm going to redrill those holes and find replacements for my 2 bad molding pieces, or just leave the molding off. Is your molding not there? Is there a stripe of something in its place?

@bavbob...What are your wheels from? E12? I have 5 of those kicking around (14 x6). They look great on yours.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm still torn as to wether I'm going to redrill those holes and find replacements for my 2 bad molding pieces, or just leave the molding off
I bought a '69 2800 not knowing anything about E3's and @Mike Goble called it a "slick side" the first time he saw it. I think it's cool and I don't have to decide since it came that way.

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
I won't enter the competition :) !

@Mot27cars...very nice! :cool: . I love the Baikal and chestnut interior...same as mine. I would have never guessed that combination would look as elegant as it does.

I indicated in my other tread that the PO had the shop that prepped the car for paint weld up the body line molding holes. I'm still torn as to wether I'm going to redrill those holes and find replacements for my 2 bad molding pieces, or just leave the molding off. Is your molding not there? Is there a stripe of something in its place?

@bavbob...What are your wheels from? E12? I have 5 of those kicking around (14 x6). They look great on yours.

Hi. My trim is not back on yet. Holes still there. I painted the car about 4 weeks ago. Still buffing and then put back on.
And thanks

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi. My trim is not back on yet. Holes still there. I painted the car about 4 weeks ago. Still buffing and then put back on.
And thanks
Run a couple layers of blue or green tape down the sides of your car, poke holes where the trim holes are and mail the tape to Dick. ;)