New old member

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm back!

In 2009, I bought my first E9, a stock '72 2800, and did a bit of a restomod on it:

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6254

When a friend offered his amazing E30 M3 to me in 2010, I couldn't resist, so I sold the E9 and have been kicking myself ever since.

Well yesterday I bought a '74 CS, and it will be the biggest project I've ever taken on. It's a stripped shell and a dozen boxes of parts. (Many of you may have seen it on Richmond VA Craigslist). The shell has been completely redone, all new sheet metal, chassis reinforcements, and is practically ready for paint! But it's those dozen boxes of parts that are going to take the effort!

E9 Purists can stop reading now. Plans for this car include Grp 2 flares, an S54 engine, E46M3 front suspension, and E28 rear. This will be a street car, so no cage, and I hope to have a comfortable interior (with AC). I'll start a build thread soon, excited! Max

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
welcome back Max. its been a while since we spoke about your black 2800cs.

cheers
scott
atlanta

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
welcome!

E9 Purists can stop reading now. Plans for this car include Grp 2 flares, an S54 engine, E46M3 front suspension, and E28 rear. This will be a street car, so no cage, and I hope to have a comfortable interior (with AC). I'll start a build thread soon, excited! Max

Max,
Although that style is not for me I appreciate the project and the car as art in motion! Consider painting it to look like the Calder car!!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Former Richmonder

I grew up in the West End of Richmond, and I have lots of family still there. Looks like a great project.

You sure you want to go the e46 route? I would build a 250hp 3.5. So much simpler and indestructible.

Best of luck.

Scott

cartoonz

Reaction score
I grew up in the West End of Richmond, and I have lots of family still there. Looks like a great project.

You sure you want to go the e46 route? I would build a 250hp 3.5. So much simpler and indestructible.

Best of luck.

Scott

Maybe he likes the idea of having 100 more HP than that, right out of the box?