New Member - help with seat belts please

jarrod ingleton

Reaction score
Hi all
I have just purchased a 1974 3.0 csi VIN 4350191. One of 12 Aust delivered RHD cars.
Currently in transit so shall post some photos next week.
I have been searching for years and finally found the right car that is completely done.
All I need to do is find how to add in rear seals belts. Looks Like a great group of people looking at all the discussions.
Best regards
Jarrod

m73

Reaction score

jarrod ingleton

Reaction score
Welcome Jarrod,

You can install a shoulder belt (bolted on rear parcel) and reel mechanism (bolted on inside wheel well). Maybe check measurements and find similar type BMW belts.

See here:

https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/bmw-3-0-csi-being-restored-in-ireland.25097/page-2#post-196807

Also there is a member named 'bluedevils' that re-furbishes belts and he may be able to get you an answer.

Google search works best for me, good luck.

-Mo
Many thanks for your welcome and guidance on the belts - much appreciated.

Reactions: m73

m73

Reaction score
You will find many good answers here. Maybe connect with the Australian & NZ e9 owners on this board for parts & service options or for shipping from Europe.

The best part of course is driving: so many miles of happiness in your new purchase :)

Regards,

Mo

Last edited:

CSdoc

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good info. Anyone have any ideas about where to get the AutoFlug seatbelt hangers that help suspend the seatbelt from the little hooks just behind the door jam rear window junction? I have one for the driver side but not for the passenger side / ?

Boobouna

Reaction score
You will find many good answers here. Maybe connect with the Australian & NZ e9 owners on this board for parts & service options or for shipping from Europe.

The best part of course is driving: so many miles of happiness in your new purchase :)

Regards,

Mo

Please add yourself to the BMW e9 register Australia Facebook page. We would love to hear from you and see photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Hi Jarrod, my csi is one of the "12 sisters "(vin 4350181)...coupedownunder (Mark) is another. My front/rear seatbelts (BMW ) are original so PM for any queries on detail . Cheers, Simon

Boobouna

Reaction score
Hi Jarrod, my csi is one of the "12 sisters "(vin 4350181)...coupedownunder (Mark) is another. My front/rear seatbelts (BMW ) are original so PM for any queries on detail . Cheers, Simon

Hi guys, interesting to know where it states only 12 Aussie delivered CSi's.

jarrod ingleton

Reaction score
Hi Simon
Thanks for the message and offer of assistance - much appreciated.
Just got delivery of the car last night so need to sort out roadworthy and club plates over the coming fortnight. Shall then start to try and sort out belts etc. Be in touch.
thanks again
regards
Jarrod

jarrod ingleton

Reaction score
Hi guys, interesting to know where it states only 12 Aussie delivered CSi's.

Hi
I am told this by guys down here in Melbourne (Ian Crane and Bill Rama) that seem/appear to know these cars and its owners. I have not seen it documented in any book or anything.
Would be interested to hear more on this topic from others. From what I am told the 12 were all private order and in 1974 they were more expensive than a 911. This is all new to me.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
There were a total of 207 factory delivered "phase 2 " RHD csi cars in vin range 4350001 to 4350207 and whilst it might be an urban myth , the figure of 12 OZ cars seems to have been cited on a number of occasions . I have emailed BMW to see if they can verify ; the OZ csi's that I'm aware of seem to be at the latter part of the vin range ....mine's 4350181 and Jarrod's is 4350191 ...maybe there was a "batch " that found there way downunder ? Will see what BMW has to say.

Boobouna

Reaction score
There were a total of 207 factory delivered "phase 2 " RHD csi cars in vin range 4350001 to 4350207 and whilst it might be an urban myth , the figure of 12 OZ cars seems to have been cited on a number of occasions . I have emailed BMW to see if they can verify ; the OZ csi's that I'm aware of seem to be at the latter part of the vin range ....mine's 4350181 and Jarrod's is 4350191 ...maybe there was a "batch " that found there way downunder ? Will see what BMW has to say.

Good luck with that they always tell me to check with BMW Classic in Germany, and when you ask them they tell you to check with BMW Australia. See where I'm going with this. The only time I have seen that number was from a auction description a couple of years ago in Oz, but even then it was worded as "reputedly one of 12" which unfortunately doesn't sound convincing. It may very well be true but I would love to know who can confirm this because Bmw Australia were useless when they got back to me. Let's hope you get a better response.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Good luck with that they always tell me to check with BMW Classic in Germany, and when you ask them they tell you to check with BMW Australia. See where I'm going with this. The only time I have seen that number was from a auction description a couple of years ago in Oz, but even then it was worded as "reputedly one of 12" which unfortunately doesn't sound convincing. It may very well be true but I would love to know who can confirm this because Bmw Australia were useless when they got back to me. Let's hope you get a better response.

...never dealt with BMW Australia ...only phone local dealer for pricing if I need a good laugh . Worst case scenario is to ask BMW archive for delivery details on 207 x vins !;)

Aussiecsi

Reaction score

Well, heard back from BMW Archive ( Germany ) ...."We hope for your understanding that we usually cannot answer inquiries like that because one would have to check every VIN manually which is quite time-consuming , and figures or statistics do not exist .
However, since the number range isn't that huge we counted 18 models between VIN 4350001 and 4350207 that were delivered to Australia .."

Julia and Andreas at BMW Archive ...Five stars !

Boobouna

Reaction score

Well, heard back from BMW Archive ( Germany ) ...."We hope for your understanding that we usually cannot answer inquiries like that because one would have to check every VIN manually which is quite time-consuming , and figures or statistics do not exist .
However, since the number range isn't that huge we counted 18 models between VIN 4350001 and 4350207 that were delivered to Australia .."

Julia and Andreas at BMW Archive ...Five stars !

Well that's great news.
One small problem, she forgot to look at the 215 RHD CSiA cars built VIN 4330001 to 433000215.
Either way though it's good to know the number of manual cars is 18. That's very low and makes them rare in Australia. All you lucky guys keep hold of them.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Well that's great news.
One small problem, she forgot to look at the 215 RHD CSiA cars built VIN 4330001 to 433000215.
Either way though it's good to know the number of manual cars is 18. That's very low and makes them rare in Australia. All you lucky guys keep hold of them.

Peter , I also saw your post on OZ E9 Facebook/Registry ...I believe the "i" in the RHD CSiA (from E9 Driven schedule you cite ) is actually a typo ie should be "RHD CSA ". It is my understanding that there were only ever two auto csi's made and both were LHD .