New member from Merseyside UK

James1991

Reaction score
Hi all, Would like to introduce myself and my Dad as owners of a '72 csi in turquoise. It's a full ground up restoration and is currently just a painted body shell so lots more work before its on the road. Will try to get some pictures of it uploaded soon. We also have a '73 (I think) CSA which were using as a donor car. It's been a very valuable purchase so far, however I am finding that we have 2 of quite a few items. I will be trying to sell a few on here as time goes on but if there are any parts you're in need of please dont hesitate to ask i'll be more than happy to see if we have duplicates. Anyways, nice to be on here I look forward to speaking with fellow e9 fans soon.
Stay indoors
James

e9john

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome James, I'm in Rochdale and there are a few owners/members in the North West. Are you doing it yourself or is it in a restoration shop, get some pictures up when you can.

John.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good to have you here James and dad. We may take you up on spares...I fiddle around with restoring wood parts, usually of the US spec variety but always looking for cores to save the unloved, tired timber. Send us some pictures of the the two cars. Welcome
Dave V. in NC, USA

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome James! If you plan on a lot of photos and some narration or documentation, please start a restoration thread in the Restoration forum. We like to hang out there. ;)

James1991

Reaction score
Liverpool, Uter. Who else... Thank you for the kind welcome. Will get some photos of the restoration dang and upload them there. Here's a few pics of the donor car we've been using
donor 1.jpg
donor 2.jpg
donor 3.jpg

Attachments

• donor 4.jpg
    donor 4.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 221
  • donor 5.jpg
    donor 5.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 230
  • donor 6.jpg
    donor 6.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 230
  • donor 7.jpg
    donor 7.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 266

day66

Reaction score
Hi James, I'm not far away either, maybe too close to Old Trafford for your liking though! I'm looking for a few bits, in case you have spares, I'll drop you a private message. David

jpg10

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi James,

Sorry for being late, but welcome to the forum and good luck with the restoration. I've recently moved to Halifax just before the recent unpleasantness, so have spent more time on getting my garage ready for my CSA rather than working on it!

Again good luck with the car and going by the air box you put up I'm sure the car will be perfect. Suspect you may get asked about who you get to do the paint!

All the best,

James

Barry.b

Reaction score
Hi all, Would like to introduce myself and my Dad as owners of a '72 csi in turquoise. It's a full ground up restoration and is currently just a painted body shell so lots more work before its on the road. Will try to get some pictures of it uploaded soon. We also have a '73 (I think) CSA which were using as a donor car. It's been a very valuable purchase so far, however I am finding that we have 2 of quite a few items. I will be trying to sell a few on here as time goes on but if there are any parts you're in need of please dont hesitate to ask i'll be more than happy to see if we have duplicates. Anyways, nice to be on here I look forward to speaking with fellow e9 fans soon.
Stay indoors
James
Hi James
Welcome aboard
It’s great to see that you are sharing your hobby with your dad .
I too am doing a ground up restoration on my 74 csi .
I think I’m slowly getting places now .
I have her 6 years and I bought it as a non runner, but it took until this year to really find the time to work on her ( thanks to the COVID lockdown)
So anyway good luck with the project !!!