New Member from Houston, TX

vrracr

Reaction score
Howdy All,

I am the proud new owner of a 2800cs. The E9 has had my attention for ages and I finally pulled the trigger this week. The car I purchased is definitely a "project" but after having scoured this forum, it seems mine will be far less involved when compared to so many others I've seen. Well, at least I'm hoping so.

I still have not received the car but it should arrive on Saturday or Sunday. I'm stoked and can't wait to bring it to its former glory. I've already learned so much from all of you and intend on leaning on you experts from time to time during my journey.

I'll post pictures after it arrives.

Wladek

Reaction score
Howdy All,
The car I purchased is definitely a "project" but after having scoured this forum, it seems mine will be far less involved when compared to so many others I've seen. Well, at least I'm hoping so.
Welcome!
Yes, on very beginning with mine CSI also seems that it requires less engagement, but it's not so easy if it should be done properly.
Anyway - parts shopping mania time to start!!!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
welcome, there are a few other houston e9'ers and they occasionally have a coupes & coffee.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome, I'm just up the road a bit in Austin. There are a few 2800cs coupes here but mine and another are not on the road at the moment.
Mine isn't as bad as some, but will be taken apart to do the rust repair correctly. I bought a MaxJax through Costco, though they don't have them often. It's a great help. Lots to learn here and elsewhere. Looking forward to photos.

Ian

vrracr

Reaction score
Thank you, gents.

It would be great to meet some local folks.

Ian, once my car is reliable enough to make the 200 mile trip to you, I'll come visit!

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You can come to Austin even if the car is not reliable :) I make the trip often down your way. Welcome, lots of e9's in Houston

jamesw

Reaction score
Welcome! I have a restored and upgraded '71 2800 and live in the Heights. You're welcome to stop by any time and I can't wait to meet you and your 2800.

Cheers
James

vrracr

Reaction score
Peter and James, I would love to meet you both.

James, I will take you up on that for sure. If you ever plan to be in the Southwest side of town, please hit me up and stop by my place as well. I've got a few toys of interest and I'm working on 3 restomod projects at the moment.