New Member First time BMW owner

JAB

Reaction score
Hello, I recently took possession of this beautiful Jade Green 1974 3.0 CS with a 5 speed manual Jetrag conversion. I look forward to learning more about these iconic cars on this site. Like any classic car there are a few leaks to sort out....gear oil drip despite recent installation of new gear box and what I believe to be steering fluid close to the oil filter canister. Additionally upon hard acceleration the car seems to stutter....hopefully just a carb adjustment!
Here are a few pics as well.

Attachments

• IMG_5749.JPG
    IMG_5749.JPG
    698.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5751.JPG
    IMG_5751.JPG
    659.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5752.JPG
    IMG_5752.JPG
    625.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5754.JPG
    IMG_5754.JPG
    667.8 KB · Views: 106

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
welcome to the madness!!! you have a well known / respected member in Maine - look up @adawil2002. you will also need to make a pilgrimage to VSR and meet Mario Langsten in Bedford, NH - look them up at VSR1.com. along the way, you should meet up with @Stan in NH. all 3 are wonderful people

JAB

Reaction score
welcome to the madness!!! you have a well known / respected member in Maine - look up @adawil2002. you will also need to make a pilgrimage to VSR and meet Mario Langsten in Bedford, NH - look them up at VSR1.com. along the way, you should meet up with @Stan in NH. all 3 are wonderful people
Thanks for the recommendations

JAB

Reaction score
Welcome. Looks like someone installed front bumper guards upside down meaning left to right. They are 71/72 style and not 73 with rounded corners.
Thanks for letting me know. Btw I have followed you on BaT auctions and know you are a well respected BMW enthusiast.

Antar

Site Donor $
Reaction score
D.C. (originally from Northern California)
Hello, I recently took possession of this beautiful Jade Green 1974 3.0 CS with a 5 speed manual Jetrag conversion. I look forward to learning more about these iconic cars on this site. Like any classic car there are a few leaks to sort out....gear oil drip despite recent installation of new gear box and what I believe to be steering fluid close to the oil filter canister. Additionally upon hard acceleration the car seems to stutter....hopefully just a carb adjustment!
Here are a few pics as well.
Beautiful Car. Welcome the Coupe Club!

Reactions: JAB