New Member - E9 3.0 CSi

Cyrano

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m a recent owner of an E9 3.0CSi (bought late 2023). It is not really a car now but a big puzzle, which should give me a few hours of fun.

I am new to BMW community, but not new to restoration projects, as I already fully restored a classic car a few years ago and put a couple of cars back on the road.

I was not expecting to start such a large restoration project immediately (I thought I would do it within the next 5/10 years) but found great inspiration and motivation in the E9Coupe forum (and the German one: E9-Forum | BMW CS Coupé - Foren-Übersicht).

This forum is a great place and I thank the members for maintaining this high level of quality and collaboration.

I will open a dedicated thread on my restoration project. Hopefully, information I’ll share will be helpful to some members. Difficult task as there are already tons of great information!

Below is a picture of the piece of rust. I'll share more details in the dedicated thread!

Voiture.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
welcome @Cyrano ... we look forward to seeing your coupe's rebirth. i would suggest that when you get started that you start a thread in the e9 forum - projects + restoration ... that way you will have everything documented in one place with as many pictures / descriptions as you want.

i highly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the FAQ section of the forum - there are many excellent references of things such as best sources, differences between model year production, and many more. when you don't find something, there are many GREAT sources that will answer your questions or let you know how they got around a similar issue. we look forward to seeing your contributions to the best car forum - PERIOD.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome. A great restoration project that is obviously in good hands. Looking forward to following your journey.

What is the "green car"? A 3.0 V6 must really move that baby.

Cyrano

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

This is a Capri indeed! 2.0L V6 GT - 90HP. This is not tremendously powerful, but from my perspective, enough to its weight and road handling! Still, this is a fun car !

Interestingly, my Capri and E9 were both registered in June 1972, just a few days apart. Both were kept in a barn for several years (17 for the Capri, about 30 for the E9). I'll share a few additional pictures if this is of any interest.

In any case, I will follow-up quickly with the E9 restauration thread!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

This is a Capri indeed! 2.0L V6 GT - 90HP. This is not tremendously powerful, but from my perspective, enough to its weight and road handling! Still, this is a fun car !

Interestingly, my Capri and E9 were both registered in June 1972, just a few days apart. Both were kept in a barn for several years (17 for the Capri, about 30 for the E9). I'll share a few additional pictures if this is of any interest.

In any case, I will follow-up quickly with the E9 restauration thread!
And lots of great European touring car battles between the E9 and the Capri 2600 in the 70s.

They sold a lot of Capris in the USA at Lincoln-Mercury dealers. They were everywhere when I was a kid. Marketed as an alternative to the Mustang. Mercury was a sub-brand of Ford that was slightly more premium, but below the Lincoln. They killed off the Mercury brand about 20 years ago.

DeTomaso Panteras were also sold at Lincoln Mercury dealers here.

Best of luck with your restoration.