New Member-Boston

kwhales

Reaction score
I don’t know why it took 50 years for me to finally by an E9 Coupe, but I’ve lusted for one since I read the Ron Wakefield article in Road & Track when I was in high school. I’ve had all manner of car in the meantime, but I just took delivery of a 1972 CSi in Nachtblau over brown. French car restored by Oldenzaal. To my frustration, the registry in MA is waaay backed up and I’ve waited nearly a month to get my plates. So it sits in my garage, looking pretty, begging to be driven. I’ve waited 50 years, I guess another week or two won’t kill me.

Attachments

• 4W7A2944.jpeg
    4W7A2944.jpeg
    402.6 KB · Views: 99

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome to e9 ownership and to the forum! Looks like a beautiful car.

It was a car very similar to yours (Nachtblau CS) that my wife and I fell in love with when we saw it in San Francisco in the 80's.

TodB

Reaction score
Great score! And great to see another nachtblau coupe in the area though I've since moved South to Florida.

There is a good crew in the Northeast area and a very active CCA club. You'll want to research the various shows at the Larz Anderson Museum. VSR is an hour or so north if you need service. Take a run out to Limerock this weekend too for the Labor Day event!

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don’t know why it took 50 years for me to finally by an E9 Coupe, but I’ve lusted for one since I read the Ron Wakefield article in Road & Track when I was in high school. I’ve had all manner of car in the meantime, but I just took delivery of a 1972 CSi in Nachtblau over brown. French car restored by Oldenzaal. To my frustration, the registry in MA is waaay backed up and I’ve waited nearly a month to get my plates. So it sits in my garage, looking pretty, begging to be driven. I’ve waited 50 years, I guess another week or two won’t kill me.
You can go to any RMV, not just in the Boston area. We have had a similar experience and ended up in the Yarmouth RMV. Then State inspection within 7 days at a gas station locally.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice to have another MA. member in the Forum. I am in Upton just south of Worcester and available if you have any questions.
Welcome Aboard.
Harry