New Hope PA Auto Show Still On

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
At this moment in the Great Plague of 2020 the annual New Hope Auto Show is still on. Reading the word HOPE offers a promise of better days. Many years ago the show was one of the East Coast's premiere shows. It had some rough patches, one of them a weather event that almost killed the show, but it has been slowly coming back. The fact that it is a fund raising event makes it a special show.

Let's HOPE the show goes on. Not just in New Hope and not just a car show.

Hope!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is it this show?

Is it this show?

Yes, this is the one. In its day it was a famous show. One weekend it stormed suddenly and badly. Some owners were upset!! Never came back and gave the show a bad name.

It has a long way to go to get back its former luster, but they are trying.

About a dozen years ago we had nine, count them, nine coupes. The same year eight XKE's were lined up with their hoods open. Those were the days.

Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, this is the one. In its day it was a famous show. One weekend it stormed suddenly and badly. Some owners were upset!! Never came back and gave the show a bad name.

It has a long way to go to get back its former luster, but they are trying.

About a dozen years ago we had nine, count them, nine coupes. The same year eight XKE's were lined up with their hoods open. Those were the days.

Steve
The show runs Saturday and Sunday, August 11 and 12. When I clicked on the site there is now a banner announcing the May Cars and Coffee has been cancelled. That's about a month away so no surprise. We will see how things roll out. Hopefully, no second summer wave.

Haseeb

Reaction score
You know what, if this one happens I might actually come by (with the right gear). I love the New Hope area

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The show runs Saturday and Sunday, August 11 and 12. When I clicked on the site there is now a banner announcing the May Cars and Coffee has been cancelled. That's about a month away so no surprise. We will see how things roll out. Hopefully, no second summer wave.

Steve,

My calendars indicate 8/11-12/2020 are a Tuesday and Wednesday. The weekends on our calendars are 8 & 9 or 15 and 16. Just checked the NHAS web site and indicates the show is 8/8-9/2020.

Gary

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Right Gary, I don't know where I came up with Aug. 11 & 12.

Moments ago as they say on the news. The New Hope Auto show will run ONE day, Saturday, August 8.

I suggest registering early as they are compressing two days into one. And they are making changes to keep owners and visitors safe. What that entails is not clear yet. And who knows what the landscape will look like at the start of August..

If you register and they cancel consider this. The show is run by the Community Association. They just donated $3,000 to the local food bank. And we all know how hard the food banks nationwide are trying to keep up with the unprecedented demand for food.

Shameless plug, should be in off topic, but here goes. I have already given a large portion of my Stimulus or whatever the clowns are calling it to my local food bank. Demand at their door is up 25% and climbing. While the politicians dither people are hungry!

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve, et al,

When I opened my email this morning, there was a posting from the New Hope AS indicating the 8th as you state. Also indicated a rain date this year of the 9th (Yes, it can rain - and hard - in southeast PA in August).

I agree with your suggestion for early registration, and I'd just leave it as a donation if the show is cancelled.

Gary

Last edited: