New e9 member from Lithuania/Belgium!

vladkuk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My story:
Spotted one beautiful E9 some 5 years ago in one underground garage here in Brussels, but we were expecting family expansion and also the purchase of the house. Now the house is built, two nice kids are growing and the same E9 stands in the same garage. The car is all covered in dust - no one has driven her for a looong time. Took me some time to find out who is the owner. Knock knock. Lady, in her 60s opens the door. Excuse mam, can I speak to your husband about the car that stands in X garage? Why my husband young man, its mine car?

And voila:)

Its 1972 3.0CS automatic. Most of the time the car was driven in Cannes (nice place i guess). Lady is the 2nd owner and she inherited the car from her friend, also a lady.

The engine started immediately and I was able to drive her to my place (what a visibility in the saloon)

I brought the car to my homeland now (Lithuania) where I plan to make some small renovation works on her like:
1. Get rid of the rust (rockers, shock towers etc.)
2. Seatbelts
3. New paint.

Dont know should I do something with the engine? Which are the weakpoints there?

here is how she looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgZc2bM1cz0&feature=share

The community here is great, and I would like to thank you all in advance for allt the advices.

greetings from Brussels,
Vladas

Last edited:

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome. Nice story. The engine sounds good too.