New Console for the Coupe

jabloomf1230

Reaction score
I'm in on the group buy.

And after all that work cutting down a 633i console from eBay and "reupholstering" it with leather left over from the backs of my old seats.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
How can you beat $188? Sounds like a deal to me.

As far as group buy goes: I have no idea if he would be interested but he's making these by hand. He's just a car guy like us, not a big company. Between his time and materials, he's probabley not making a much profit on these. After all of the money I've spent on parts for my coupe, $188.00 seemed like great price.

If you're interested, just send him an email.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
guys - i have contacted Eric and told him there are at least 7 to 8 of us interested in the piece and asked if he was interested in a group buy or just individual orders. i will post what he replies.

Jean Luc

Reaction score
The console: Last month, at the Puget Sound Chapter’s Concours, I met a guy that’s making these in two designs – one for ‘02s and one of e9s. We test fit the one had with him and it worked great. The console comes with a slide out cup holder (designed for a Starbuck’s Grande’), black vinyl flip up pad, two storage areas, and optional lock and power port. He designed these for stock seats, so it works even better with my recaros. The design is very well thought out and is made of a light weight black plastic. I’ve being wanting to fabricate something like this for a few years. I wanted a black base to match the upper console/dash and a ‘floating’ pad that matched my leather. Here he had it, ready to go. I bought his first coupe model and asked him to leave off the vinyl. I took the pad and some of my left over leather to a local upholstery shop-told where I wanted the French stitch and voilà!

If anyone's interested in one for their own car, let me know and I'll send you his contact info.

Merci Vince pour ce sujet , cela semble vraiment bien fait et presque d'origine , sa me donne des idées pour la suite .

Vince thank you for this, it seems really well done and almost Origin gives me ideas for the future.

bluebeem

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the interest in the console
(and thank you Vince for posting the pics) someday
I'll figure out how to do that.
the 'group buy' may not be practical since the shipping
addresses are all over the country and everyone seems
to want slightly different options. So...

I am doing a run of 10 consoles and I'll e-mail each request with
details.

THANKS everyone,

Anton

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I got email from Anton. Nice pictures and looks like great quality.
I will post questions here as others may have the same questions
Question, could another option be a 2 cup holder?
The cup holder I have from the 5 series holds 2 cups but if far less elegant than Anton's.
I often have a cup in one and my cell phone in the other ...
Next question. Where does the power port connect to get power?

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got email from Anton. Nice pictures and looks like great quality.
I will post questions here as others may have the same questions
Question, could another option be a 2 cup holder?
The cup holder I have from the 5 series holds 2 cups but if far less elegant than Anton's.
I often have a cup in one and my cell phone in the other ...
Next question. Where does the power port connect to get power?

Stan,

I think you would have to route your own power cable under the carpet, sourcing power maybe from the lighter on the main console. I wasn't worried about that. If I have to, I can charge my phone off of the hidden iphone cable connected to the stereo.

Vince

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Four phillips head screws, two close to base of the handbrake and two farther back on the tunnel. It just butts up to the main console, it doesn't attach. I made small cuts in my carpet to feed the screws through. If I pull the console out, you really can't tell it was ever there.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi all -- I am fashionably late to the party (as often happens with me); will there be a group buy or does Anton prefer to deal with each of us individually?