New 73 CS Owner

bradmdub

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Brad, and I recently bought a fjord blue 73 CS from a guy up in the San Francisco Bay Area. I live in LA, and have since brought the car here with me. I think the car is in pretty good shape. It has a factory replacement engine with less that 20k miles, and is nearly rust free. There are a couple things I'd like to work on with the car. If anyone knows any LA shops that can help me out, please let me know. Here is my list:

Refinish (replace?) wood detail on dash and side panels
Replace head liner
Air conditioner work (it makes all sorts of un-godly noise)
windows move very slowly, one not at all (I've been reading some posts on this already)

If anybody has some advice for a new owner, I'm all ears. I don't have a lot of experience with classic cars, but I'd like to work on what I can.

Thanks in advance, and great website,
Brad Williams

atan888

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the board. Was that the Fjord w/ white int that was on Craigslist and Ebay? All the best resources are there in Socal.

Eric @ Coupeking
or
Carl @ Lajolla independent.

Both those guys could build your coupe to new.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Brad, and I recently bought a fjord blue 73 CS from a guy up in the San Francisco Bay Area. I live in LA, and have since brought the car here with me. I think the car is in pretty good shape. It has a factory replacement engine with less that 20k miles, and is nearly rust free. There are a couple things I'd like to work on with the car. If anyone knows any LA shops that can help me out, please let me know. Here is my list:

Refinish (replace?) wood detail on dash and side panels
Replace head liner
Air conditioner work (it makes all sorts of un-godly noise)
windows move very slowly, one not at all (I've been reading some posts on this already)

If anybody has some advice for a new owner, I'm all ears. I don't have a lot of experience with classic cars, but I'd like to work on what I can.

Thanks in advance, and great website,
Brad Williams

Brad - Welcome. I think you will lots of good reading on this board, the search engine find find almost anything. Atan888's advice is pretty good for the LA area. Another person to get to know in the LA area is Murray (aka Blumax on the board). He is frequently at the LA area Saturday morning Cars & Coffee as well a many others you'll see here.

bradmdub

Reaction score
it was the coupe on Ebay with the white interior. Also, I forgot to ask in my previous post, is there anything in particular to look for when replacing the tires? Will any tire shop do, or should I seek out a particular brand, shop, etc?

I'll look for Atan and Murray,

Thanks again,
Brad

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You might want to take a look at the list I just put up in the parts section. It is titled:

Parts 75 CSi Barn Find or something like that.

Welcome aboard

Steve 74 CSi