Nevada 2800

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Quick update on my latest "what was I thinking" BMW purchase- picked this up on a lead from our very own classifieds last year: http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/denver-1971-2800-survivor-8-500.23110/

I've finally gotten around to sizing it up, pulled the front strut spacers and mounted some 15" fake Alpinas that I had laying around.

Looking for recommendations on spring choices (front and rear) to mate up with Bilsteins for a slightly lower ride height. Sway bar suggestions would also be appreciated... looking for bolt on solutions for all mods.

Thanks
Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 2.58.32 PM.png

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like it is already lowered a bit. I like the B&G progressive lowering springs. Mesa Performance got them for me, $275?

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cool car, congrats, I don't remember seeing the original FS post. 2800's are great in so many aspects. I would go with Carl Nelson springs. Lowers the car just right and they are made for the car and work great with the Bilsteins. He can also get the Suspension Techniques (ST's) sway bars front and rear. They make a world of difference. All bolt on, no mods needed. Give him a call at La Jolla Independent and he will hook you up.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yeah it's fun having off color cars. I've literally had people walk past my car and say, "wow, that is an ugly color." And I took it as a compliment in the sense that A: it happened at a BMW dealership, not a race track or car event where the crowd is a little more sophisticated and educated on the cars they are looking at. B: The guy that said it didn't realize it was my car. I tell people all the time whoever bought a Golf colored Bavaria (Modern day 7-series) new in 1973 must have been out of their mind, color blind (like me), just sold their Porsche (because of all the wild colors they have) and needed a family car because they have kids, or thought it would be funny to see their wife pull up to the county club or tennis club in it. There really is no sane answer. It's a four door, not a race car (new at least that wasn't the idea to race it). So, I like to have fun with it. I don't think any Golf e3 2800's were made. I've seen Euro 3.0S's in Golf, but no 2800's. If anyone has any pictures of one I'd love to see it. You may never see another Nevada 2800 in person; lots of Sahara's, not many Nevada's. I like the 2800's actually better than the Bav's with the leather and other subtleties. Have fun! Oh, what part of the Frozen Tundra is the car located?

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
More suspension ?s; What size (mm)/model are the ST bars you went with for your E3?

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Don't dig, I'll give them a call... I run a bigger front than that on my Coupes so just curious where the sweet spot is on the E3 chassis.

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The 2800 came with a rear bar and no front bar, I added a stock e9 17mm bar up front, can't say it makes that much of a difference.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I wouldn't think it would make much difference at that size... I think I have a 24mm on my Coupe.

DerSchwede

Reaction score
Always nice to see an early 2800 in Nevada :)
Just bought mine 9 years ago in a similar way and drove 1000 mls home next day (Seller‘s photo)

Attachments

• D4ECB45C-BD08-492E-AB8C-6EACF0F10A8E.jpeg
    D4ECB45C-BD08-492E-AB8C-6EACF0F10A8E.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 171

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Man I just love this car. Kudos to whoever found it and posted the ad! ;)

I've been having secret desires to trade my e9 project for a clean e3. I would hate myself later so I am avoiding the bad thoughts...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Man I just love this car. Kudos to whoever found it and posted the ad! ;)

I've been having secret desires to trade my e9 project for a clean e3. I would hate myself later so I am avoiding the bad thoughts...

You're at one of those "I wish I hadn't sold that car" moments but it's not too late to stop yourself. I've probably sold four or five cars in the past because it was a space thing not a money thing. They would've been a good chunk of retirement now. :)