mystery cooling hose

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

The last hose I need to hook up is a small diameter fitting that comes out of the block just under/behind the rear carb. Can someone tell me where it should go. When I disassembled the engine there was a small piece of hose with a clamp and bolt on it but I'm sure that's not correct.

Thanks,

Attachments

• radiator in1.jpg
    radiator in1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 136

MMercury

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

The last hose I need to hook up is a small diameter fitting that comes out of the block just under/behind the rear carb. Can someone tell me where it should go. When I disassembled the engine there was a small piece of hose with a clamp and bolt on it but I'm sure that's not correct.

Thanks,

Have you replaced the original carburettors that were equipped with water/coolant controlled chokes - in favor of electrically controlled chokes? If so, you may be dealing with a vestigial hose/tube designed to feed coolant to the carb chokes. Number 7?

12100003_z.jpg

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yes-replaced

Thanks for the quick reply. The carbs were replaced by the PO so they are electric now. What's the best thing to do with that hose/fitting? I guess I could remove and plug the block if that is preferable to re-routing. Please give me your opinion.

Thanks again,

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If it is #7 and left over from feeding the Zenith choke then just keep it blocked off.