my slow and uninteresting project

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
Based on my history of project cars, I rarely do a "build thread" because I can go weeks not doing anything based on the weather, work, kids etc.
I picked up this 73' 2 weeks ago. so far, I've washed the moss and compost off it.

A friend, I've known a few years has had other projects and I knew about these 2 bavs that were just sitting. anytime I asked about them, he said they go together and I wont take less than 3k. so, they sat.
He passed about 6 months ago and I got an email from his wife asking if I wanted them. I still have to go back for the other, but its going to be a lot more difficult to get because of how it's stored. (in the corner of a barn, with tons of crap blocking it) and I don't think it's worth rescuing, but maybe a few parts.

so, here's the start, a couple pictures. how I found it and after I cleaned it up a bit.
found.jpg
washed.jpg

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
You go duct-tape! They must be saved. Plus its fun. We all like project photos, don't have to be on any schedule, we all struggle with making progress, dang, sometimes we go backwards! Mike

Bwana

Reaction score
Wow! Pretty rough, hope you didn't pay the full $3,000. And yes, sometimes it will be weeks or months between postings so just keep at it.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
My jack has lost a seal, I'll see if I can pull one of the wheels off and look for back markings

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
okay, i really need a foot in the ass. I keep having reasons to not work on my car, I really want to. I'm going to get out there tomorrow and do "something"
I wish I had someone local to come over and hang out with me while I did stuff, I'd get a lot more done.

if I post here, then I am holding myself to it. I'll get some progress pix.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's part of the problem, I don't have a garage. I feel self conscious about doing all the work in my driveway but I really doubt my neighbors would care.

I've got a cover for it, so when I'm not working on it, it's not visible. I've also got one of those ez-up things to give me some shade.