My Baby is done... Thanks for all your help!!!!

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Windows fixed?
There is a slight gap in the windows that he is unable to fix unfortunately. It is really minor. The bigger issue is that as I was pulling away I noticed that the rear windows were not operating so I have to bring it back in and also get the speedometer hooked up.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott want to really race. Bad idea for a restored E9 like his. This Bmw is a commodity disposable car and it’s already been developed into a winner by professionals. This is the smart way to get into racing. Half the price of starting with a street car and converting it.
Agreed

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok, there are a few loose ends, e.g.
  • speedometer doesn't work
  • misc other minor stuff
All will be taken care of by Benny

Paint looks great but Benny wants to repaint the hood and area on passenger door.

Overall I am very happy with the results, and have learned a ton.

Please let me know if you want me to continue to post updates/images, along with a summation of experience here, or if I should just post on Facebook instead, which appears to be much more friendly place to post.

If you want more pictures or have thoughts/questions, let me know.

Thanks very much for those of you, many, who have offered constructive help along the way. I truly appreciate it.

Scott

607A9608.jpg

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Please let me know if you want me to continue to post updates/images, along with a summation of experience here, or if I should just post on Facebook instead, which appears to be much more friendly place to post.
There is no explanation for posting something like this other than needing more attention and looking for forum members to validate you posting here. No one else does this here, we post whatever we post because we want to share or need some advice or help with our coupes.

If you consider this "unfriendly" it's because you asked for drama. Just post and share, contribute, read about other's coupes and projects. Forget about the drama, don't look to see how many replies or views there are on your posts, just try to enjoy it...

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is no explanation for posting something like this other than needing more attention and looking for forum members to validate you posting here. No one else does this here, we post whatever we post because we want to share or need some advice or help with our coupes.

If you consider this "unfriendly" it's because you asked for drama. Just post and share, contribute, read about other's coupes and projects. Forget about the drama, don't look to see how many replies or views there are on your posts, just try to enjoy it...
Lol
Talk about drama :)

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you haven't figured out out by now you're not going to.
Apparently I haven’t figured it out but please refer to the private message I sent to you which I find is a better method of communication for these sorts of things. Perhaps a post to the forum rules section inquiring about the proper way to deal with these sorts of issues and understand what type of behavior is permitted on this forum is in order. It really seems like there is a double standard.

In the meantime, I will utilize this forum primarily for technical advice after having search the forum and keep my sharing elsewhere where it is clearly welcome. Thank you.

I really do appreciate everyone who has gone to a great deal of trouble to help me with this project. I mean that sincerely.

Last edited:

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Damn, and I was hoping for a summation.
I promise to publish a summation but likely will do it elsewhere to avoid negative blowback. I will post a link in a direct message if you want to see it. Thank you for your support. I learned a lot on this process. I look forward to sharing.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott, this forum has saved you incalculable amounts of time and money on your project. Perhaps Facebook really is a better venue for you, it seems you don't want to hear from opinionated (yet very knowledgeable) people that may serve up some occasional public criticism. If you think this forum is unfriendly (which it's not, try posting this type of thread on a vintage Porsche site), and will now only ask us for technical advice on your terms, it seems a stretch to expect anyone would be eager to help. You keep threatening to take your marbles and go home yet return for more questions. Members here want to help get your car right, and maybe it's just me, but the negativity is a buzzkill.

View attachment 50463

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
the negativity is a buzzkill.
Could not agree more!
By the way, I don’t mind public criticism at all but what I do mind is harassment and interference with business relationships by select members contacting my paint shop telling them specifically to stop work because they didn't care for the way I talked to the owner in videos. That was completely out of line, but endorsed by the admin.
See above and prior thread for source of negativity

Last edited:

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
By the way, it was a serious question when posted,

I did not mean to upset anyone. I am admittedly an over-sharer on Facebook.

Based upon some of the comments above, it appears that judgments are being made as to why I share so much.

For example, the video today posted on Facebook to my page and my poodles page was very well received and engaging. Also, content on E9 Facebook page is also well received. Never once any negativity. I don’t give a shit here re views and likes but don’t appreciate the negativity.

I enjoy sharing it because I am excited about my car. I honestly don’t know whether posting things like this here would be appreciated.

That is all I am asking. To jump to any other conclusion just shows the bias presented above as to why I share so much.

People are different. Don’t judge them for being different. That’s all I’m saying.

If you want to see my BMW related content in this thread, let me know. If you don’t, perhaps just don’t follow this thread and don’t be hyper critical.

I have no intention of changing the way I talk and share my ideas. If you don’t like them, I am sorry. I have appreciated all of the help by the various members on this forum. I mean that sincerely as I’ve said so many times before.

If Porsche groups are more obnoxious, that doesn’t mean that you should be slightly less obnoxious and be proud of it.

Just don’t be obnoxious.

It’s simple.

In any event, honestly seeking input as to whether or not this sort of content is of any interest here or if I should just keep this fluff on Facebook. It’s a serious question

By the way, so happy with results. Thanks AGAIN for all your collective help.

Scott

https://www.facebook.com/1439430262/posts/10211776039743341/

Last edited:

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score

If you want more pictures or have thoughts/questions, let me know.

So now when you've recieved a crazy amount of good advice, tips and help over the last several months from lots of people on this forum, you need them to confirm or beg if they want to see the result?

Come on...

I'm sure most of us would like to see, so post if you deem us worthy.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
So now when you've recieved a crazy amount of good advice, tips and help over the last several months from lots of people on this forum, you need them to confirm or beg if they want to see the result?

Come on...

I'm sure most of us would like to see, so post if you deem us worthy.

Of course I deem you worthy, and have shown the results already, see https://www.facebook.com/1439430262/posts/10211763677874302/, but happy to show more. But as you can see from above and although you can’t see the direct messages that I received from selected individuals as well, there is a great amount of animosity or perhaps jealousy or something going on that would prefer that I keep most of my fluff content on Facebook.

I don’t want any negativity and haven’t brought any to the forum but have responded to such when directed at me, only to be reprimanded by the administrator after doing so.

It is an honest question seeking an honest answer, which has been received above telling me as I had thought that this content is not welcome here.

What type of content is appreciated here? It seems as though this group is much more technically inclined not interested in sharing just for sharing sake but rather with a purpose. I’m not trying to push any buttons but don’t want my buttons pushed either.

Perhaps this conversation should go with the feedback section together with some additional information regarding how many problems were caused by someone contacting my shop and trying to interfere with my business relationship and the complete lack of response to such activities by the admin.

Facebook is set up for this type of sharing and has community standards that do not allow attacking each other where as it appears this forum has no such standards and is proud that they are not as obnoxious as other forums.

Last edited: