My 1973 Csl

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have had several interested parties who asked some very technical questions. To that end and to prevent any chance of miscommunication I have turned the sale of my car over to Mario Langsten of VSR. Please direct any further requests to Mario.
Thanks,
Chris

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have had several interested parties who asked some very technical questions. To that end and to prevent any chance of miscommunication I have turned the sale of my car over to Mario Langsten of VSR. Please direct any further requests to Mario.
Thanks,
Chris

http://www.vsr1.com
[email protected]
603-228-2888

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I am considering selling my completely restored (VSR-Mario Langsten) 1973 Csl to make room in my garage for a new project.

Couple things. What could this potential project possibly be to warrant selling this CSL? I'm dying to know. And, how 'bout building another garage?

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Give you some hints:
Fast, Italian coach built, GM powered:))
I had to free up the cash to make this happen but I still have (2) vintage BMW’s!
Thanks for providing such a fantastic site!!
Chris

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Seeing a car like that reminds me of my good friend who bought a DeTomaso Mangusta years back. It was a basket case, chassis restored and painted with body panels but disassembled and some parts missing. Every day, first thing he did was search the internet looking for his parts. After about two years it was all there and he started putting it together. Life got in the way and he ended up selling it unfinished for $4ok if I remember right. It's a $300k+ car now.

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello all,
Thanks,
Chris
Fellas, this car has yet to sell and it is very special.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have you all beat! In 2016 I had the pleasure of driving Chris's car about 30 miles up the 101 in CA at a swift rate of speed. The speedometer read 190 and I told Chris I thought his gauge was off, wherein his comment was -"that's kilometers you idiot- now pull over, your driving time is done". (actually Chris is much kinder and more refined than to say it like that) BUT, driving that car was a memorable treat; besides driving like a new car I distinctly remember having to apply the brakes in a hurried fashion wherein the car slowed immediately from about the aforementioned 190 km to 60 mph ( I think around 95 KM) without a shudder, which was a very comforting feeling- knowing that I could slow so quickly makes for a more confident high speed drive.

Anyway, I'll not forget that day until my Alzheimers gets much worse, I thank you Chris for that and she's a perfect car that wants to be driven and often!

I wish I had more room in my garage (and more money in my bank) :cool:

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thank you Peter for your kind words. That week in Carmel was so special in many ways, not the least of which meeting and becoming friends with people like yourself-be well till our skid marks cross again:))