Site Donor $
Reaction score
what is your most beautiful tool?
one you must have--
Ullman HT-2FL Flex Magnetic Pick Up Tool, overall length 29 inches

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
here is mine - a snap-on carburetor adjustment tool. now i don't have carbs, but its a 1/4" drive tool that is perfect for removing the belt trim nuts that are behind the rear windows.

TM65.jpg

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was gonna post that little spoon that McDonald's had for stirring coffee but..........

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My favorite tool was the E30 M adjustable tube wrench that I gave away by mistake. Oh well,I'm positive I will never own an 30 M3
I don't even remember who I gave it to.
Koopman

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm in love with my 1/4 inch socket driver.
The handle rotates (of course...) around the axis of the socket, but it also allows you to turn the handle along its own axis. There is a crown gear inside the head, so it goes back and forth. A blessing in tight spaces:

https://catalogue.facom.com/fr-en/categorie/ratchets-sockets-accessories/radio-1-4-range/set-1-4-radio/produit/15-piece-1-4-inch-6-point-socket-set-r-360

although I'm doubting about this one as well:

An angle grinder that shuts down if you let go of its grip. After getting two unplanned stitches in a finger, I invested in this one. There's even a version that has an engine brake function , locking the motor upon release of the grip.
http://www.bosch-pt.com.au/au/en/angle-grinder-gws-12-125-ciep-131459-0601794242.html

Like mentioned in other threads, Safety is paramount; no good to own a car if you can't ever drive it...

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't use them all that much, but I certainly enjoy it when I do. I trust these a lot more than my bigger click torque wrench....
Bought used on eBay

Attachments

• IMG_20180424_133256.jpg
    IMG_20180424_133256.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 93

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Love this guy too.
All shops need air, the more the better.
Underneath is an incinerating toilet.... The two do not work together.(unless someone has a design for a pneumatic Crapapult)
I've stopped incinerating fecal matter, as my shop is very Urban and on a still day... People must wonder what the heck is going on in that building??

Attachments

• IMG_20180424_133921.jpg
    IMG_20180424_133921.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 119

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
That 1/4 inch socket set comes out to about $950 Usd in Canada with Taxes. That is $250 more than my Shulz compressor .

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Should sell something that is in the way. I have my eye on a 75 Can Am 175 TNT, thinking of offbeat storage possibilties. If the 1/4" socket set was made in Quebec....maybe. I have 35 year old craftsman 1/4" for the most part. Can't say I will ever wear it out.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Should sell something that is in the way. I have my eye on a 75 Can Am 175 TNT, thinking of offbeat storage possibilties. If the 1/4" socket set was made in Quebec....maybe. I have 35 year old craftsman 1/4" for the most part. Can't say I will ever wear it out.

Same here with the craftsman socket wrenches. I’ve only broke one socket wrench in 20 years. I never use them to break bolts loose or torque them.