Moving From Badges to Decals Repost

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And yes, I mean CS Register decals, an exact reproduction of Stephen's masterpiece.

I have an original CS Register decal with the U.S.A. lettering. I believe there are only a few around, some of you have posted your decals.

So I have been inspired by Stephen to offer a run of CS Register decals exactly like his. Steve Hose posted a picture of his. Take a look.

I have no idea how much interest there is, and I have to pay the full charge, everything, up front.
I won't make any money on this. I may break even, or make money. Anything left after all costs will go to
e9coupe as a donation. And a thanks for all the help all of you have given me over the years. The kindness, the generosity, the patience. All of it.

But I digress.

So I am pricing them at: $4.00 for one decal postage paid. Additional decals, $2.00 each. My supplier tells me I can order additional decals at the same price if there is a tidal wave of enthusiasm. Hope so.

Now here comes the hard part for some of you addicts. I will ONLY COMMUNICATE BY MY EMAIL.

I do not do PMs well. So humor me. It will be worth it. If you send me a PM I will ignore it and wait for your email.

[email protected] or: 215.620.7687 I am on EST and a late riser. Please no calls before
10 AM or after midnight.

Steve

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this. And rise up against the tyranny of the early risers[emoji109][emoji109][emoji109]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this. And rise up against the tyranny of the early risers
emoji109.png
emoji109.png
emoji109.png

Thanks for doing this. And rise up against the tyranny of the early risers[emoji109][emoji109][emoji109]

Right Jay, because they rise before us, they get to set the rules when we all have to rise. Tyrants!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Steve,
Thank you for making a new run of decals available for those of us that weren't on board for the earlier runs. Very exciting!!!
I will email my order. :)
Stephen

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Two questions..
Are they truly going to be decals (water transfers for outside of window), outside stickers (peel off back to expose adhesive), or inside of wind0w cohesive (vinyl film?) type that are easily removeable?
Is your paypal same as your email address?
Thanks so much for doing this for the rest of us; much appreciated!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Two questions..
Are they truly going to be decals (water transfers for outside of window), outside stickers (peel off back to expose adhesive), or inside of wind0w cohesive (vinyl film?) type that are easily removeable?
Great question, Dave! I was under the impression that they were "interior" mounted, and adhesive with a peel away backing (rather than water). This would be similar to the BMWCCA decal/stickers, I think. But I'll wait for Steve to confirm. I get myself in trouble when I answer questions I don't know the answer to. :oops:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's how the originals were. Here is mine:
View attachment 49454
So I checked with the decal company. I have selected an aluminum/chrome look for the decal, wherever there is "trim" on Stephen's badge. To do this the badges will be exterior mounted with an adhesive. This will be an exact match for Stephen's badge.

My paypal had been hacked, don't use it. Check or money order. How quaint.

Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The original decals are interior mounted, peel away as shown in Marko's pic.
Right Steve, that's the way mine is. Since the U.S.A. lettering has been omitted as with Stephen's badge and the chrome trim has been added to the new one, originality is not an issue, for me at least.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i agree on this
I might agree, but have ask, what do they have to" hold up" to? Daily use, Nope. Regular exposure to the "elements" i.e. rain, sleet, hail, sun, Nope.
They will live the good life on vertical glass, somewhat protected by the window frame. Stephen's beautiful badges will take far more abuse.

And we will say, look at that patina on that lovely weathered badge.

Steve

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I might agree, but have ask, what do they have to" hold up" to? Daily use, Nope. Regular exposure to the "elements" i.e. rain, sleet, hail, sun, Nope.
They will live the good life on vertical glass, somewhat protected by the window frame. Stephen's beautiful badges will take far more abuse.

And we will say, look at that patina on that lovely weathered badge.

Steve

Edit: After rereading my *unedited comments below, I think they came off as a bit condescending. That surely was not my intention. I didn’t want to see a run of surplus stickers that members did not want to adhere to their car. Honestly I would love a sticker for my garage cabinets. My apologies Steve!

Hi Steve,

As seen I already have a sticker, so this in an op ed. Let me put the nail in th coffin for you. Grille badges make sense and have a method to secure the badge.

Where does one place stickers on a classic car? Especially a club sticker. On the paint? If so where? Fender? Tail panel? The answer is the glass, likely the quarter window.

So.... A 3D sticker with chrome will be a foil backed sticker with a thick clear overlay (like a shift knob emblem). If you stick the sticker on the glas, you will have a big sticky silver backing visible from the canon.

Unless you have a good alternative location for the sticker I suspect that demand will be pretty low
for folks who want a car sticker. If they are for tool boxes and garage fridges, it seems like a great option.

Last edited:

m73

Reaction score
I can suggest making 1 of each type. Exterior decal for whatever you wish & interior (glass) decal made specifically for inside window -- any window really....

That would add to the cost so members would have to contemplate that --

gwittman

Reaction score
I think I have a coupe of the originals that I never did install. I am slow to do things like that. I still have a BMW ACA decal on my windshield.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think I have a coupe of the originals that I never did install. I am slow to do things like that. I still have a BMW ACA decal on my windshield.
Hi Markos, I clearly understand your good intentions. Your are right, I may have ended up with a surplus of decals that members did not want.

So look for a NEW Post about the change in direction of the Decal Project. Briefly, interior, no adhesive, proud to apply.

Stetve

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
EB19E3FD-DF65-4F89-9447-47148CF83C2D.jpeg
New and old. The new is smaller than one version and flatter than the other

Attachments

• A81FAE3A-3420-453C-83EF-71E8A29E29C9.jpeg
    A81FAE3A-3420-453C-83EF-71E8A29E29C9.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 156