More forum pollution FS '75 2002 4 speed

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi folks, hope you don't mind me posting this little car here. It belongs to a friend of mine who just does not have time for it. It really is very solid, needs some attention and even comes with an extra transmission (4 speed). It is an original 4 speed car, I have been through it a bit and it appears not to have been hit ever. Very small amount of rust in one floor board (passenger side) about 8 inches long and that's it- does not need to be replaced, just patched. 14 inch bottle-cap wheels with very recent tires. New headliner too! engine runs smooth but as with all 75's a little under powered. All the normal maintenance has been kept up by one of our Austin shops so there are no surprises.

The car was repainted in the original color by someone who forgot how to use masking tape so there is a bit of over-spray and there was not enough prep work done before she was shot although it is a good looking car/color and could be made very presentable with a weekend's work detailing etc. The owner is pretty much married to the 10K figure and although I don't know much about 2002 pricing from what I've seen that seems about correct. My opinion is that it needs a bit of non-mechanical attention and then it would be a super fun car but I'll leave it up to you all to correct my thought process. Thanks and any comments welcome- I have more pictures if anyone is interested.

Thanks
meangreen1.JPG
meangreen2.JPG
meangreen3.JPG
meangreen4.JPG

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, the car sold yesterday. The new owners (father & son) work at BMW in the parts department so it should be well cared for. I appreciate the help and support from everyone here!

e30strube

Reaction score
Glad it worked out. I’ve gone to the new owner for parts for several years and I’m good friends with his nephew. Perfect timing for this to pop up.