Mk2 Jaguar

pat cooks

Reaction score
Well I have decided to make a bit of a start on my Mk2 jag, well it was a 240, late Mk2 with cheaper vinyl seats and slim bumpers but I will be taking it back to proper Mk2 spec with leather, 3.4 engine and wire wheels, and maybe paint it red so it will look like every other Mk2 you see at shows........ As it will be a part time project I did not want to tie up my car lift for ever so I skated it round to the end of my home workshop and put it up on a set of axle stands I just bought for £100.00........ this car was sitting in a lockup garage in Bristol for 31 years when I bought it 6 years ago, so 38 years asleep!

It is very solid for a UK Mk2, they rust just about the same rate as an E9, solid rockers, great doors, perfect floors, and although it was only 11 years old when parked there was already some filler/bondo in the rust behind the rear wheels,

I am going for a daily driver rather than a full blown strip n dip restoration, I have three gallons of waxoil waiting to protect it when done..

how can you restore a car on axle stands?
20181011_172653_resized.jpg
right rear inner sill.jpg
right sill B post.jpg
right rear skirt.jpg
right rear jacking point.jpg
up in the air.jpg

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good deal on the jack stands, but what did you use to lift it that high?

Last edited:

pat cooks

Reaction score
I have a single sided car lift, it has pallet truck gubbins one end and wide small rollers the other, you can move it around quite easily without a car on it, best £2000.00 I have spent in a while, I can position it to suite the job I am doing, over one side if I want to get two cars in the shed as well as the Jag across the end or in the center of the shed for better work access, the center bar is a problem if you want to remove a gearbox but access for most jobs is easier than even a two post lift, great for hobby use, not exactly this one but almost the same, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOBILE-S...h=item41f0eaa838:g:Ck8AAOSwBahVSzY4:rk:2:pf:0

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Aaaaah, sorry but those jack stands make me nervous. I guess I'm just a wuz.

pat cooks

Reaction score
They were purchased from a truck repairer who had a 12 ton 6 post lift, these used to support three axle trucks, very stable,
I love the lift because although I can squeeze three cars into my working area and I may do that over the winter I prefer to have only one or two cars in there at a time, I can easily move the lift to suite the circumstances,
2002 up on ramp.jpg
2002 up on ramp.jpg
2002 on lift.jpg