Mega-milers

nyccsi

Site Donor
Reaction score
While some folks like to trade in their cars for newer models whenever they can, others are keen on driving their trusty vehicles until they peter out. Car technology and a bad economy have made some people hold on to their cars much longer than in the past.

Do you have a car or truck that’s got more than 200,000 miles on it? We’d love to hear about your mega-miler and why you still love it. What tricks can you share for keeping your car in such good shape and how much have you invested in it? Send us photos or videos of you and your car – and a photo of your odometer!

We’re curious to hear about your mega-milers and why you hold onto them. Your story could be used in a gallery on CNNMoney.com. For more car news and opinions, follow CNNMoney.com’s Peter Valdes-Dapena on Twitter @PeterDrives .

pmansson

Reaction score
Google: E9 as taxi.... Just joking, but that´s the sort of usage you´re looking for.
And then we have Murray Fowler. His coupe has done about 445k miles.

What´s the lowest mileage E9 out there?

As I have old Jaguars as well, I know about an XK 120 roadster that has covered just 1062 miles since being built in 1949.

JohnHein

Reaction score
Currently living in Houston North suburbs
1995 Subaru Legacy L Wagon 207K. Bought in new. Survived many family vacations, wrecks and other indignities. You don't want to see a picture. Most recently a kid car at school. It now has a bad cat converter, engine light on, won't pass emmissions test. Probably will get donated for write-off. Care was spotty so it is somewhat a testament to Subaru and their boxster engine and AWD drive-train.

pamp

Reaction score
Mega-miles

The 1984 Mercedes 300 SD Still strong and not too far to hit the million km!
Yes, the letter. Mounting of the badge is proper. They are awards that must be earned, yes? All art should be displayed when possible!
000_0287.jpg

Last edited:

pmansson

Reaction score
Nice, but there should be a more discreet way of mounting the pretty badge....
VW had similar badges for the Beatle in the 60s.
What happened to badge bars....?
Look great on cars with proper bumpers and grilles.
Imagine that on a modern car!
All my classic cars carry the enamel and metal badge of the Royal Swedish Automobile Club.

CSL 1973

Reaction score
Speaking about mega-milers, if I remember correctly there is one Polaris 3.0 CSL Bat, which has been driven more than 450 000 km. And yes, it is still with the first owner (who bought it in 1973). Not too bad for an E9 Bat!

In terms of E9 CSL Bat, I think that would be difficult to beat

Cheers

K D

Reaction score
Hi-miler

My contribution to this is not my car but one that we Service regularly. It's a 2001 Nissan Pulsar 1600cc auto and we have just done the 470,000k Service. The car looks and runs as new with original transmission and the only major works has been radiator, front wheel bearings & front lower control arms. Of course there have been brake pads & tyres etc. Not bad for "Jap Crap". Also says a lot for Valvoline Oils.

K D

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
My coupe has 260K miles, and appears to have been a daily driver in CA for most of it's life.

My 911 has 151K, with about 15K of that track miles.