Meet Viktor the NK

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I’ve wanted a NK sedan for awhile. Consider the itch scratched. I’m not one to name my cars but like Viktor Lazlo in Casablanca this NK needed his “letters of transit” to get out of Canada.
Last week I flew to Vancouver ferried to Victoria and brought Viktor home via ferry to Port Angeles, WA then drove the 240 miles to Portland.
The import process for cars this old is pretty easy. Just need to do some homework and have the right forms (letters of transit) ;) ready.

He’s a 1967 2000. Mechanically the car is great, 95% stock, match numbers. Was originally Tampico. Has a mediocre repaint in metallic gold. Practically rust free.
My plans are to do some paint correction, detail trunk and engine compartment and some interior work. Dash top needs reviving and speaker holes in door cards need fixing.
Mostly I plan to drive it and enjoy it.
It’s the only 4 door BMW I have so it’s easy to take friends or the dog. :rolleyes:

IMG_2988.jpeg
IMG_2980.jpeg
IMG_2939.jpeg
IMG_2989.jpeg

Last edited:

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Congrats, John! Beautiful car! The color may not be original, but it's perfect with that interior. Love that it still has the hub caps and rings.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had that steering wheel in Lilli the 2002 I recently sold. Before the sale I put the original back as she was highly original.

That wheel is so delicate, like a piece of sculpture. The artistic opposite of all the clunky originals BMW put in all their cars of that era.