May be parting '72 CS

Honolulu

Reaction score
Gents, a local is selling his POS '72 or threatens he will donate it. Who would take it, I dunno, because it's definitely a non-runner with a trashed interior and every panel has major rust-throughs. I don't know the VIN to confirm build date, but the front bumper over-riders are not the "upside down" style that are correct for a '73, and it's got the old bumpers, so... it could be a '71, '79 or '69. I believe it has a 3.0 now, but was originally a 2800, so the early build dates are possible.

The car has a few bits that I want (windshield and OE copper radiator), and the trim, glass, head and tail lights, coupe-specific bits, etc., are largely intact. Also both a ZF 4-speed and Getrag 265 5-speed. Don't know whether the diff is LSD (that would be nice, eh?)

Who is interested in pieces of this car? You can reply offline to cgshawaii at netscape dot net. Include a suggested purchase price but know that shipping is Zone 8, ie, relatively expensive unless someone is going back and forth anyway and can hand carry something across the pond.

I have been stalling getting back to the seller, thinking he has little alternative, but the deal has to go/no go pretty soon. I have some storage but the parting process will have to be expeditious, then the City takes the hulk and crushes it.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Shipping from Honolulu is a bear...

1805887664_d510e0a7f4.jpg
'Bearers' on the Big Island strain hard with the Coupe specific bits worth saving...

chicane

Reaction score
1805887664_d510e0a7f4.jpg
'Bearers' on the Big Island strain hard with the Coupe specific bits worth saving...

That would be a cheaper way of bringing your coupe parts back to the mainland....if you can find a long enough foot bridge. :D