May 18 Saratoga Springs NY Invitational

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Duane,
I may see you there. But because of scheduling, I will probably have to leave early that morning - no cruise for me. btw, the museum newsletter says that the Bugelfalte, a racing CSL, a 507 and teh Warhol M1 are on display. That is worth the 3 hour drive.
If I don't see you there, maybe I'll run into you at Larz Andersen, etc.

duane_sword

Reaction score
Mako, hope to see you out there! Yes I am going given the great collection they have in the current display at the Saratoga Auto Museum. My mobile is 603-502-6252

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I will be on the other coast...
BUT I plan to attend the Vintage at Saratoga in October.
Anyone want to share a room to cut costs?

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Had to turn down my invite. Am booked for The Vintage in Winston-Salem the week following the May 18th event and am already booked for Saratoga in October.

Enjoy...it should be a great gathering!!

Chuck

duane_sword

Reaction score
Beautiful day put here in Saratoga Springs NY. BMW is also the marque on display in the museum with the Andy Warhol BMW M1 art-car on display alongside a dozen sweet BMW cars and a dozen BMW motorcycles. Indeed an E9 is part of the collection.

Some photos attached.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368890073.528318.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368890093.430333.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368890108.530919.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368890124.111069.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368890137.012147.jpg

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just returned from Saratoga - three hour drive to get there, only to be turned away at the gate because they put up a fence and said no dogs this year (I'm a single puppy-daddy this weekend). Duane was nice enough to dog sit for a few minutes as I sprinted through the field and took some hurried photos that start here:
http://s751.photobucket.com/user/ma...nvit/IMG_0193_zpsb4912ca6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
(there is clearly a bias for a certain little red car)
Duane, the car looked great and definitely held its own on the field of six and seven-figure cars. Hope the next time I see you we can hang out for longer than a few minutes.

duane_sword

Reaction score
Proud and humbled to report that coupe VIN#4310155 was bestowed a class win today, pre-1976 Sports.

The E9 was surrounded by Porsche, Bugatti, Shelby, Maserati, Mercedes, Rolls-Royce, Triumph, Daimler, and many more.