Maximillian

alanmcg

Reaction score
I have used this company once or twice before, and have been satisfied - their documentation is excellent. but on my current order, their support/customer service has been appalling - without a doubt the worst online purchase experience ive ever had. i ordered the part (a wiper blade arm) 2 months ago, ive made 20+ phone calls, every time they say "huh, you dont have that by now - ill call you back or email you within 30 minutes". they have NEVER done either! and i still dont have the part!! really, its kind of amazing.
if you have any other option besides these guys - USE IT!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can second Alan's post in spades. Max used to be the go to guy. People left, including Art' son and the place really fell apart.

They remind me of a local shop here in Bucks County that used to be terrific, owner/chief mechanic got into racing and driver's schools, prices went up work suffered. Shoo everyone who asks far far away.

Steve

TravL350

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bummer

Sorry to hear about that experience. On the other hand I just had a positive one with Maximillian. Got the parts I needed within a week, and had an item that I changed my mind about and was credited the difference back to my card immediately. I spoke with a rep named Saul there. Win some, lose some I suppose.

-Travis

execmalibu

Reaction score
Maximillion is TERRIBLE!! I called them 5 times and was TOTALLY JERKED around!

My very well stocked and local E9 parts source (Coupeking) unfortunately did not have some of the hard to find interior parts I needed so I had to start checking other sources.:cry:

Normally I would not post negative comments but after getting jerked around for over 3+ weeks I am pissed!...

For the record:

I called and spoke directly with Max himself. Max told me he had the parts I wanted in cherry condition and quoted me prices. The prices were very high but he said he had the parts I needed so I agreed to buy them. I was about to spend a lot of money and all I asked was to have him send me photos to make sure we were talking about the same parts and to confirm the condition was cherry... He promised to send photos...

A week passed and NO photos... I called back and spoke again to Max who said they were very busy out buying cars and that I would have the photos shortly... He said if I was ordering the standard stuff (Spark plugs, shocks, brake pads etc) they would respond faster... I asked him if they are so busy buying cars to part out... Dont they want to sell those parts? If I had a chance to sell parts and make a large profit this seems like a win to me...

Another week past and still NO photos! So I call for the 3rd and again a 4th time... Max is not there and no one knows anything about my order...

The other day I called for the 5th time and the guy on the phone says he found the notes of my order from a month ago! But that Max was gone until next week...

I asked him what the total amount of my order was and he said around $2,300... I asked him if a $2,300 order was not large enough for them to waste their time with? He said he would call Max on his cell phone and get back to me immediately....

That was 2 days ago!!!!

At this point since he has never sent photos I do not believe he really has the parts and he was just jerking me around trying to possibly cheat me... What other explanation could there be?

Call Erik or Peter at Coupeking if you want great service or possibly try some of the other sources ... But Maximillion as far as I am concerned is a stoke artist!

Last edited:

Glaive

Reaction score
Another terrible Maximillian story

My experience is a few years removed but nonetheless frustrating. I had ordered a CS fuel tank and sending unit along with a set of OEM late model seatbelts. Although I did receive half of my order within a few weeks I was billed for the full amount with no information as to when the remaining items would arrive. I must have contacted them at least a dozen times over the next several months trying to resolve the situation but always got the same runaround. Luckily I made the purchase on an American Express and was able to retroactively dispute the majority of the charge ($1100) to which they offered no resistance.

I ended up placing a new order for the remaining parts at my local BMW dealer and got everything in a couple weeks and for about $200 less than what Max was charging. Haven't been back since and don't ever plan to.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Another 10 days has past and still NOTHING from Maximillion!

I finally bought my interior parts at other sources ( at 1/4 Maxs price) but am mentioning that another 14 days has past since I was told that Max would be contacting me "immediately" about my order! I have had absolutely no response in over 5 weeks...

Usually when a business starts blowing off customers there are often huge internal problems and blowing people off may signal the being of the end... Is Maximillion/mobile tradition going out of business?

I was told that these guys were a reliable source in the past... I guess not any more?:neutral:

Last edited:

pamp

Reaction score
Parts

Never had the need to use the aforementioned, but thanks for the heads up. Although the shipping is slow from Germany/Austria and prices for shipping high, I prefer to stick with my club friends there. The "orangener" has always come through. Thanks again Andi!
Allen

hans3

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can't BMW dealers now source any Mobile Tradition part, and do so cheaper if they offer discounts to CCA members?

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Can't BMW dealers now source any Mobile Tradition part, and do so cheaper if they offer discounts to CCA members?

I was able to get quite a few parts from the local dealer a few years ago when nobody else had the part, since they could order from Mobile Tradition directly. (door seals)

alanmcg

Reaction score
update

here is an update on the nightmare that started this thread - maximillion finally did send me my part, it literally took 2.5 months, and 20+ phone calls - i got the part last week and ....... wait for it ......... yup, they sent the wrong part.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The fact that Max has not responded to two pages of posts critical of his service, reliability and pricing/refunds says something. It is sad to see a once reliable source of parts for our cars self-destructing.

Steve

e3er

Reaction score
No big story here, but I've unfortunately had to give up on this parts supplier too for similar reasons...

John S

Reaction score
Try Steve Peterson

I've had very good experiences getting factory parts for my csi through Steve Peterson A.K.A. Blunt. You might want to give him a try. Good prices and quick delivery. Just send him a list of the part numbers and he will provide you with a price quote. He's using Google check-out and it works very well.

http://www.blunttech.com/

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I ordered new side grills and hood grills. They we available at the price listed, $58.74 for each side and $112.40 for each side of the hood grill in black.

Took about 2 weeks and the shipping was very reasonable.

Stan

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ken at Maximilion waded through 3 wrong shipments from BMW for a part and checked them all before sending to me, plus his irreverent humor along the way. Gracias.