Martini Group 2 CSL

RonP

Reaction score
We need to encourage Bill to get the car sorted and on track where it belongs.
Art Simonds and I spent the last two weeks before Monterey sorting everything out. Now Bill has to chose to race his 934 or this. I think he is becoming quite attached to the Porsche, but this one is ready to race!

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Art Simonds and I spent the last two weeks before Monterey sorting everything out. Now Bill has to chose to race his 934 or this. I think he is becoming quite attached to the Porsche, but this one is ready to race!

Ron,

I spent most of the feature race on Saturday looking at the rear bumper of his 934. He's a tough bird to pass. ;-)

RonP

Reaction score
Ron,

I spent most of the feature race on Saturday looking at the rear bumper of his 934. He's a tough bird to pass. ;-)
And, he can only get better! This was the first time he has been in an actual race and has never raced a car with fenders or doors.

wsk

Reaction score
Here's footage of all Saturday's races. Ours begins at 1:54 (a bit before halfway through).

RolexRaceVideoStill.jpg

wsk

Reaction score
Thanks. It was not running right and that made it even more of a handful than usual. Nothing like having the motor go flat mid corner (4 was especially problematic) and then come roaring back to life!

RonP

Reaction score
Thanks. It was not running right and that made it even more of a handful than usual. Nothing like having the motor go flat mid corner (4 was especially problematic) and then come roaring back to life!
Could have fooled me! ;-)