Luigi CSL at Sonoma

m73

Reaction score
It's nice to see from the onboard camera, looks like fun and smooth running engine too....

MF

jamesw

Reaction score
Fantastic - the car sounds incredible in the video. I love the sound! Thanks for sharing the video.

That yellow Porsche around minute 9:00 is the one that spun out and almost took out the batmobile car.

Cheers
James

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice video, nice editing too...
I use a external mic with go pro helps a lot with the sound
you might want to try
mic.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vaQ0Vs_BQk

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great footage, my two favourite 6 cyl cars ( the coupe and the Z)
The car looks like it's got great potential, seems to have good power and handling straight out of the box.
I'm sure once you get the car all dialled in and get to know each other a bit better you will be super competitive.

Great stuff, more please!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks! I got to see the Dekon Monza and Henry Schmidts CSL duke it out at Sebring a few years ago. Both cars are LOUD and very fast.

I wonder was the frontal area of the 240z is compared to your car. Looks like it cheats the wind very well.

How many HP does your car make at the wheels or crank?

Nice to see the footage from the 240z so we can appreciate what your car looks like from the outside.

Scott

shanon

Reaction score
Nice!

Thx so much for sharing, made my morning. Love that track.

When the sunlight rolled thru the interior shots, it was nice to see the ****pit/interior set-up. Curious how much of the set-up is 'as it was'. Was the dash removed back in the day or a more recent mod. Neat steering wheel, original?
(Vintage Nardi competion? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Nar...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item258d94c3fe

The door cards sans arm rests, map pockets (surprisingly heavy), and wood trim is neat.
Cool to see various E9 racer ****pits and trim levels. I know that period ETCC/Imsa rules required certain levels of interior finish, from early Grp 1 full interiors (basically road cars on track) to the factory/IMSA extreme minimalism.

Motor sounds very familiar, great sound ;-)

I have to ask, how much does the car weigh and what kind of power you have at the wheels? I ask to compare it my brother's old racer we'll built and had going pretty good sans wings and huge rubber. It surprised and challenged TBL and the Rogue/Crabb car (now Sandler's) a couple of times years ago, but the later aero/wing and big meat advantages/evolutions would certainly play out as the races unfolded. Good stuff.

Drop a post when you' have it out at Thill.

Keep coupin!

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Simply stated: Awesome!!

It was very kind of you to share that with us. I don't think many of us will have the opportunity to experience a race like that. I loved the sound of the engine and the lack of tire-squeel. It's a driving experience that took you allot of effort and "love" and now we can share in it! Wow, felt like I was driving. very nice!!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
thanks for sharing - really fun to watch. looking forward to seeing the updates as you get things more dialed in. looks quite solid already ...

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steering Wheel ID...

Shannon, don't think that's a Nardi- different shaped cutouts. Pretty sure it's the same wheel I had in my L before putting the original back in. I can't remember the brand but it's Italian made and period correct... I'll see if I can find the info I had on it at one time.

-Richard

Attachments

• CSL>SteeringWheel.jpg
    CSL>SteeringWheel.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited: