looks clean but very expensive

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting, the photos look very nice and if truly solid perhaps a good buy at that price. Appears to be a US/Canada delivery but vinyl seats says Canada and it has the strut spacers but no A/C. And what is that steering wheel pad from? Arde, here is a chance for you to chime in.

jmackro

Reaction score
Looks like the whole car was dipped in Armor-all

Yea, that horn button is odd - maybe a custom set-up for someone with short arms.

3E83I83J25Ic5Gf5Hfd35e978ba98872412e1.jpg

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Interesting, the photos look very nice and if truly solid perhaps a good buy at that price. Appears to be a US/Canada delivery but vinyl seats says Canada and it has the strut spacers but no A/C. And what is that steering wheel pad from? Arde, here is a chance for you to chime in.

I have one of the wheel pads. Came with some parts I got when I bought a 1600 Baur Cabrio 25 years ago. (should have never sold that car, but that's another story) I've hung on to it becuase it's unique. I seen it in pictures of Euro spec e9's. Won't use it on my coupe because it has a crack in the vinyl. Wonder if it can be recovered?

John M

Attachments

• wheel pad.jpg
    wheel pad.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 125

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does a low production number for a given year make a car built that year any more valuable? I think not.

Steve

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Nice car, when the contact name is Klaus that is good, add 5k to the price.

Most of the options are like mine (vinyl, no AC, spacers, carpet, lap belt, trapezoidal side mirror, no right side mirror) except steering wheel and bluish driver side carpet patch.

The steering wheel hub is a removable cup you use to pour coffee from the Bialetti coffee maker sitting on the heat exchanger. That is why E9s always circulate coolant through the heat exchanger even if the cabin heating is off. How many times do I need to explain the coffee circuit?

Obviously there is good attention to detail, probably fresh decals after the respray, painted steering fluid reservoir. I suspect more focus on form and originality than function because it has the spacers and not converted to 5- speed. I bet it has no Bilsteins.

Now Klaus made one mistake, can you spot it?

He will probably blame Helmut for it.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like he has a driver side wiper blade installed on the passenger side (and he is low on brake fluid).

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
Add has an Orange County CA cell number. I wonder if this car was a SoCal car. Chris?

tmason

Reaction score
You guy's always amaze me with your research! Love how he mention 1200 made and the photo driving it in the rain.The driver side carpet looks like a 47K car.

Stefan

Reaction score
Cute car, but I'm for sure the owner is not a frequent e9coupe forum visitor due to the amount of minor "faults" in the renovation. That of course makes all of us wondering if this car was renovated by heart or for the wallet :)

With this in wondering, the price tag would perhaps not attract any buyers of above, so to speak.

p.smitty

Reaction score
72 CS in Spokane

I went to look at this coupe today. It's a very,very nice car. Canadian Import. One quality repaint in the original Malaga. Very nice, low rust example. Original interior wood, dash and vinyl are in excellent condition. A pleasant surprise. I have read the few critiques in this thread. Very simple and easy corrections. I'm fairly educated on this model since I have the US version of the exact same car other than my interior is tan leather. I don't know about the mechanical history, but if it was maintained mechanically as well as it was cosmetically, i would bet it is well sorted and runs well.

Pat

P.S. this car is NOT coated in Armor All. The interior is in very good original condition. The only thing this car may need cosmetically (if anal) is new front and rear window seals.

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lurker searcher alert!

I went to look at this coupe today. It's a very,very nice car. Canadian Import. One quality repaint in the original Malaga. Very nice, low rust example. Original interior wood, dash and vinyl are in excellent condition. A pleasant surprise. I have read the few critiques in this thread. Very simple and easy corrections. I'm fairly educated on this model since I have the US version of the exact same car other than my interior is tan leather. I don't know about the mechanical history, but if it was maintained mechanically as well as it was cosmetically, i would bet it is well sorted and runs well.

Pat

P.S. this car is NOT coated in Armor All. The interior is in very good original condition. The only thing this car may need cosmetically (if anal) is new front and rear window seals.

This may be a car for you to seroiously consider. The old axiom, "buy the best one you can afford"