Looking for Lowering Springs

Bmoreindy

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I'm close to getting my 72 Bavaria on the road, and I'm looking for lowering springs. I called La Jolla, they have nothing in stock and nothing in the pipeline. Ireland has coilovers, but I was hoping for a spring/strut set up.
Does anyone know of any additional sources?
Thanks, Brendan

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
B&G lowering springs for the e12 are a direct swap, located in San Diego area. I have the front springs on my e9 and like them.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
from what I understand, the early e24 springs are a good choice.. They are the same part number as the e12. I know you can find them in the H&R catalog( #29533) , as well as SuspensionTechniques and Intrax.

I also read that the rear springs are the same part number for the e23 as they are for the e3.

Bmoreindy

Reaction score
B&G didnt reply to my emails, and the E12 springs aren't listed on their site. Maybe NLA? I think I'm going to go with the Ireland Coilovers.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Lol. Hey Robert, I had the same reaction as you. And then I re-read the original post...

Never bet against Dr Macha... :)

Hi Bo, yes you're correct about the original post (e3) , but Frankie asked about swapping e12 springs to the e9, which I don't think is possible in the rear, but correct me if I'm wrong, it would be great news if that's possible. :)

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh, damn, you're right! Ok, no wonder I initially got mixed up as well. This thread is talking about two different cars that can not be mixed on this subject.

But we are in the e3 forum here, so we are out of our natural habitat.

chope97

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I'm close to getting my 72 Bavaria on the road, and I'm looking for lowering springs. I called La Jolla, they have nothing in stock and nothing in the pipeline. Ireland has coilovers, but I was hoping for a spring/strut set up.
Does anyone know of any additional sources?
Thanks, Brendan

I may have what you are looking for and I am in Silver Spring Md I purchased a parts car and it has 4 new springs in the trunk, let's talk Clarence

Bmoreindy

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
Chope97 has a set of springs without markings, I'm trying to determine what they are. The are black and measure 10.5 inches front and 11.5 inches rear. Does anyone know what stock springs measure?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
03A269C4-65F2-4C31-91E9-7BCD2A697066.jpeg
B83F00EB-2CB6-44F6-B5E6-9EE26B47329C.jpeg