Looking for an e9 mentor/resource

Peter Albarian

Reaction score
I recently bought my first e9 after wanting one since the early 90s. Absolutely love the drive and car, and a great partner to my 2002 with very different attributes. As I sort through different areas of the car, I would appreciate having an experienced e9 friend/mentor that can suggest correct and appropriate procedures, resources and tips. I live in Texas and my contact information is [email protected] and (210)559-1214. I am a bit of a stock purist and appreciate your consideration in reaching out.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
welcome to the forum Peter ... there are several coupers in Austin and Houston ... while not around the corner ... they are worth visiting. i suggest that you contact @Peter Coomaraswamy in Austin as he knows all the right people in your area

Honolulu

Reaction score
Peter: Welcome to the addiction, deepest sympathy extended.

If you need help, you've come to the right place... this list provides some of the best and deepest knowledge of any of the several I'm on. Many of us have had 2002's in our past, I've had 15 of the little critters myself and always watching the fading few I know of out here.

As part of your introduction, you should consider writing an evaluation of your mechanical abilities, resources and intents. It will guide the advice of the rest of us. No point in revealing the tricks of transmission rebuilding if you won't be doing such work yourself.

LNGBRD

Reaction score
Hi Peter, sending PM
Hello Peter, I too am a new owner of an E9. I have had several 02's in the past and now have moved to the E9 world. I know my way around the 02 pretty well and I'm not afraid to jack-it-up and get it done. If there is room under your wing for another I would also like a guide to navigate the E9. I live in the Austin area too. Appreciate your words of wisdom in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There’s quite a few of us in the Austin area!

EFB4C18D-263F-4746-B982-6B7FF3412D1F.jpeg

Welcome to the madness, sure hope we can all meet up soon.

Ed Z
Cedar Park, Texas

LNGBRD

Reaction score
There’s quite a few of us in the Austin area!

View attachment 89704

Welcome to the madness, sure hope we can all meet up soon.

Ed Z
Cedar Park, Texas

Thanks for the welcome. I thought Terry's gathering was an 02 thing. I gave up my 02 before the coffee show started so I haven't showed up. When the virus thing goes I'll show.