List of Restoration projects... PLEASE READ

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The image conversion program is complete. The program imported some images from third-party hosting sites and saved them on the local server, this ensures that the info and images will always be together from this point on. Some links did not work and would need to be manually uploaded by the original owner of the thread.

I will be creating a list of projects posted here over the years so they are easy to find. If your project thread has broken links to images it will not be added to the list! If you are able to download your images from the third party host and then upload them onto this site to make them display again, contact me and I'll add your thread to the list.

Dan

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
was image conversion done only on this forum or as well as others like E9 General Discussion?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
was image conversion done only on this forum or as well as others like E9 General Discussion?

Done on the entire forum. It only converted a portion of them, the rest need to be done by each owner of the third-party account.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is it possible to somehow get a list of my posts with broken image links for me to fix ? (across any/all discussions)

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great initiative!

I'm frequently facing problems in very important topics with broken link or watermarking not helping to see the pictures in details.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, I was able to code a little Python program to find that I have +500 images here that were mostly hosted at Photobucket but are now just broken links. Not sure how to automate getting them from my computer to the e9 server, so I guess thats what I'll be doing for New Years Eve. With a little more work it might be possible to create a list of any/all such images that are now broken links across the entire domain---if there was interest in that.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Done.
I combed through all my posts, found broken image links, and replaced them with attached images if I still had the original. I think this should make the image somewhat permanently available. Sadly, I've lost quite a few images so I just deleted the link and replaced it with an apology to anyone stumbling upon my, generally worthless, posts.

This was neither fun or fast. Im sure there is a programatic way to do this en masse if folks are interested in that. Im between jobs right now, so me and my OCD have time on our hands.

Happy New Year.

Last edited: