Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Legends Of The Autobahn East
Port Royal Golf Club, Hilton Head Island​

Saturday, November 5, 2022​

Anyone planning to go?
@Ohmess , Doug, Wayne, @Stevehose
Is anything else happening that weekend?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think the Nov 5th date is correct.
Usually at the same time and place as the Hilton Head Concours, which is Nov 5th.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Usually the same day as the Car Club Showcase which would be November 4th with the Concours Sunday November 5th.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I likely will attend the Hilton Head Concourse this year. That said, I don't see any BMW affiliated organizationa listed in the Car Club Showcase, and I had thought Legends East was moving to Rhode Island this year.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Right. The Rhode Island event this year is O'Fest, not Legends.

I just fired off a note to the local CCA chapter to inquire whether they are doing anything in connection with the Hilton Head Concourse. We had an outstanding turnout in 2021 - 12 coupes in the pouring rain - and six of us returned the following year (with two of us in alternative cars). I continue to think a gathering that piggybacks on this event has promise.

Will report back.

dbower

Reaction score
Right. The Rhode Island event this year is O'Fest, not Legends.

I just fired off a note to the local CCA chapter to inquire whether they are doing anything in connection with the Hilton Head Concourse. We had an outstanding turnout in 2021 - 12 coupes in the pouring rain - and six of us returned the following year (with two of us in alternative cars). I continue to think a gathering that piggybacks on this event has promise.

Will report back.
Steve: From the look of the car clubs invited to the Saturday show, BMWs are not particularly welcome this year. Sunday classes don't look too good either. I don't plan to attend and I'll be 30 miles away from it. Maybe we ought to think about planning a nonaffiliated event on the island the same weekend, at some point in the future.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Don - I am thinking the same thing. We could probably get a nice group together if we were to plan something.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So when Legends "East" was rained out with literally everything else. It was held because the BMW CCA newly named O'Fest Forever wanted to have the BMW CCA National Concours rebranded as Legends of the Autobahn 'East' since Legends of the Autobahn during Monterey Car Week has become a prestigious BMW, Mercedes & Audi Concours.

So, Legends "East" should be held in Warwick Rhode Island or at Fort Adams the day before the Audrain Concours in Newport.

It makes sense, yet I have no more to go on than rumors from last year's Legends at Hilton Head & my own sense of branding logic.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So when Legends "East" was rained out with literally everything else. It was held because the BMW CCA newly named O'Fest Forever wanted to have the BMW CCA National Concours rebranded as Legends of the Autobahn 'East' since Legends of the Autobahn during Monterey Car Week has become a prestigious BMW, Mercedes & Audi Concours.

So, Legends "East" should be held in Warwick Rhode Island or at Fort Adams the day before the Audrain Concours in Newport.

It makes sense, yet I have no more to go on than rumors from last year's Legends at Hilton Head & my own sense of branding logic.
I totally agree but they (Funahashi end Engel IIRC) were adamant that it stay at Hilton Head.
Coupled with the thought that O'Fest Forever(?) will be every 3 years, they were likely thinking it would be prestigious, and far enough south to be out of cold weather.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't think we have a good gauge yet on the viability of an event held with the Hilton Head Concourse because of the monster storm we encountered in 2021. This not only washed out the event (although our little band of merry men and women had a blast), it meant that those of us who attended did not really get to experience the Hilton Head Concourse because of last minute Legends scheduling changes. This, in turn, diminished the buzz you would normally get going into 2022. And now there is nothing in 2023.

I continue to think an event in connection with the Hilton Head Concourse has a chance to take off, but some investment will be required to get it going.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I totally agree but they (Funahashi end Engel IIRC) were adamant that it stay at Hilton Head.
Coupled with the thought that O'Fest Forever(?) will be every 3 years, they were likely thinking it would be prestigious, and far enough south to be out of cold weather.
I’ve not heard that O’fest would be very three years.