Koepchen Coupe for sale

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, does that look not worth the money IMHO. Seems like a fake race car. Why go race car on the outside without gutting the inside? Stock brakes , old stock looking suspension and exhaust. I can't see this setting any records on the Ring.

61porsche

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. They are so few.

Novel way to clear the brake booster on the air horn.

Is that a steel front airdam? Surface rust?

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
some nice bits on this one... I always love the temptation to tell us what it would be worth if we just restored it. If "if" was so good why don't they do it?

shanon

Reaction score
very interesting and thx for sharing! serial number is kinda close to mine.

that air horn/brake booster 'solution' was also done by Alpina on its very early '69/70 cars with triples (Grp 1 cars). I need a set of those!! Are the seats period Scheels? Many of the early E9 racers ran with full interiors, rules.

I bet this car had 'bubble" flares originally before some PO took it to the later box flares '71-72+ look making a factory racer 'tribute'. check out the Zaprace site for e9 racer evolution.

I'd turn it back to a '70 road car/Grp 1 look and spin all the 'flare & wing' bits...but that's me

interesting parts collection for sure. How many Koepchens could have survived (if it is a real one of course)?

;-)

merlin32

Reaction score
Fake?
I would be glad to have those fake bbs wheels,seats & the Headers

The cars is in a very bad condition, Koepchen?????? No way Hi Hi........ (a ton from a German forum user who looked at the car) If you want some BBS RS ,Headers ,csl seats, take a look in the bay, or you will find it at the csl friends in this forum :)

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
1) "former glory"? Most raced-in-the-day historic cars that you see beeing trotted out recently, and all the "tribute/youngtimer cars" are completely OVER restored well past their "former glory"...juss sayin'
2a) Nothing on this car looks even interesting, let alone "correct", legit period-racer.
2b) Even the most basic early Gp 1 cars allowed more development than this one shows. Vented front (and rear) brakes appear to be the only deviations from a basic vanilla stock undercarriage (well, there is the rear pipe for quick lifting.) If these were Koepchen mods, 40 years later they've lost any intrinsic value
3) Is the paperwork more than just delivery papers that show it was shipped to Koepchen, and a few pages of servicing/inspection records? Can someone translate please?

Last edited: