Knives Out Film (movie)

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know it’s been mentioned already but this film is only just out in the UK.

good film and a surprising amount of screen time (for a film) for the E9 CSi.

my phone accidentally took two pictures of the screen and lol and behold it was right at the moment the E9 was on screen :D

D9AD6581-A12F-4B14-9878-24291DCBF264.jpeg
54E79421-8332-4F85-B48F-E582BDC07D09.jpeg

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don’t ruin the story, but is the E9 driven by the good or bad guy?
This could male a huge difference to the value of RHD E9s . This inspector Morse and the mk2 Jag.
If anyone wants a mk2 Jag in kit form just ask.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The engine sounds pretty good assuming they did not mess up with the audio...
Color match of the door is weird, repaint?

Good and bad are not E9 owner attributes, we are above all that.

Sorry I cannot say without ruining the story ;)

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
This has been covered elsewhere, but the backstory is that the production company borrowed the CS from Copley in Boston (near the shoot), which now appears to have sold it (no surprise):

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Spoiler Alert!

I left the movie thinking that the next owner would be Marta Cabrera, but I do not know if she can drive stickshift...

This has been covered elsewhere, but the backstory is that the production company borrowed the CS from Copley in Boston (near the shoot), which now appears to have sold it (no surprise):

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
we saw the movie yesterday ... my wife even grinned when she saw the coupe on the screen. we found it a very enjoyable movie and the coupe has several appearances with a little spirited driving

gwittman

Reaction score
I saw a movie that was available to stream on the internet. It was called "Knives and Skin". I just remembered your movie was called "Knives something". So I decided to watch it. It was a very strange movie and had no Coupe in it. Not my kind of movie. I will pay closer attention to movie titles in the future.

gwittman

Reaction score
I actually found "Knives Out" a couple evenings later. Still not the kind of movie I normally watch but this is a great movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Coupe was the cherry on top.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
By chance I ran into a new coupe owner today in the Seattle area. He recently purchased the CSI that was featured in this film. The car looks lovely in person. It is a ‘72 CSI with power windows, AC, and blue velour seats. I’ll be in touch with him. Perhaps he will join!

paul

Site Donor
Reaction score
There was also a polaris silver E9 in "The Gentleman"......wonder if it was the same car.............owners of classic cars sometimes register their cars with film companies for hire.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
There was also a polaris silver E9 in "The Gentleman"......wonder if it was the same car.............owners of classic cars sometimes register their cars with film companies for hire.
I think The Gentlemen was filmed in the UK. Knives Out was filmed in Massachusetts USA. The dealer that rented the car out was in Needham, MA.
Scott

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think The Gentlemen was filmed in the UK. Knives Out was filmed in Massachusetts USA. The dealer that rented the car out was in Needham, MA.
Scott

I used to work with a guy “Chief” up near Townsend MA that ran a movie car side business. He also had budget truck dealer / service station, and was a police chief for the state troopers. His son collected Starion’s...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The interior is completely original and is allegedly in good shape save for a little wear on the driver's seat. Considered a "driver's car" by E9 cognoscenti, denoting it's far from showroom condition, it was sold after shooting for the film was completed.

I know the owner/member Rod. Here it is in my driveway. I suppose I can get behind it not being a show car, but it is quite lovely in person and needs very little.

8F4D0713-C823-4212-A52D-340969DF7308.jpeg