Key Mystery

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am close to getting my 69 2800CS on the road thanks in no small part to the hours of time this group has posted. The next challenge is having a set of keys made and/or determining whether or not to buy new locks w/ matching keys. I have removed the lock from the trunk and it begins with either an HH, KK or RR. I can read the last four numbers fine but am not sure I want to have keys4classics make three options. Can anyone help me rule one or two of these options out? The next question is why my ignition has no code on it, which only leads me to believe it has been replaced in the past and now may not be the same key at all. I'm holding off on removing the locks from the doors as a last resort. With that being said, if I have both locks out, is it likely that I could just take them to a local locksmith and have him make a set of keys that would work with both? Can these be re-keyed?

Thanks again for all of your help.

bern-GEE

Reaction score
Keys...

There is an outfit in Hayward, Ca that makes the keys but I don't think you can go to a locksmith and have them made

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
These locks can be rekeyed by moving/removing the pins. It is worth it to remove door locks to match them to the ignition and trunk.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It looks like the keys from down under are going to work. Both the trunk and ignition were stuck but with a little lubricant and juggling both were unstuck. We'll try the door locks tomorrow.