Just got a tour of a friend's car collection, including a 55 Porsche 550 Spyder - wow

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, what an incredible experience I just had. My friend just invited me to see his car collection. Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. The most amazing car was a 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder, only one of 27 surviving. This one was ALL original, including the paint. The last one that sold at auction was about $6m. I suspect this one is more valuable. Some historic race cars too.

Here is a video of the tour:
Some day I hope to have a car collection, until then I can't wait to get my BMW e9 from the shop.

I think this is the last one that sold https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2016/...che-550-spyder-to-record-setting-6-1-million/

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
thanks for sharing ! In my neighbourhood there's also a car collector.... he has almost all BMW's ever made.... road cars , LeMans cars , F1,2,3..etc.. just unbelievable. I visited him once, he doesn't like "public". Think i have seen 5 M1's ! ( he has all the colors…. )

Now apart from "hobby" or "investment" i don't see the point in collecting so many cars you don't use… or can use. Either to valuable or only for race tracks.... if, in case of F1 cars , you can get some factory engineers over to start the thing….:)

He has a nice E9... '70's race car ( replica i think ? )
csladm.jpg

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What - no BMWs?

Seriously, Scott, I really enjoyed your video so thank you very much for posting.
However I am now guilty of another deadly sin - the green one!!!

Marco