Just a quick Hello

Rod Cole

Reaction score
Hello, I m Rod Cole, just bought a 3.0 cs made in 1974 it's in Baikal, and although the paint is not perfect, it isn't far from it. The trim needs some freshening, one lens on a side light is wrong, and the bumpers need to go! The three Webers need some attention but aren't bad the way they are.
As for me, I'm almost 70 and been working on some kind of machine for about 60 of those years. The first car was an "A" Ford, then a TR-3A there's been Fiats, Jaguars & lots of others. Beyond mechanics, I love reading esoteric philosophy.
So, for a quick question: What's the right way to secure the chrome strip to the top of the roll up window (well, they're really electric, but you know what I'm saying), It's not off but trying to gat that way!!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome! Can't all tell and no show! Let's see some pics!

YOu should start a new thread on the window trim install. Maybe with a picture too.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome! Interesting question on the window trim piece. I've wondered that myself although after opening the door years ago I didn't back far enough out of the way and the trim piece sliced my chest open nice and clean. Weird situation but I promptly took the trim off of both windows and never looked back.

Rod Cole

Reaction score
Welcome! Can't all tell and no show! Let's see some pics!

YOu should start a new thread on the window trim install. Maybe with a picture too.

This is just a test to see if I can upload a photo. It's the only photo I have right now & it looks like it's easy here. I'm too busy today to get pictures of the window trim, but tomorrow I'll have a bunch with other questions. Very happy to have found this site~!!!

Attachments

• P5240483.JPG
    P5240483.JPG
    599.8 KB · Views: 283