Its a Alpina 635 with a 2800 just thrown in!

Paul Roupas

Reaction score
Denis thanks for linking my for sale ad, these are my two bimmers for sale. As nice as the 635csi is she isn't a factory built Alpina car unfortunately. She just has the Alpina badging and wheels on her (and lowered on koni's).

I know its a shame to strip a good car like that but the cost of adding all the parts up separately to make the 3.5L 5 speed swap with the Alpina wheels would be more expensive than buying all the whole car and parting her out. You still would have a 6 series shell and all the other little things that add up to offset the cost.

Or if someone wanted they could keep both cars the way they are and there is nothing wrong with that either. Someone could have two classic BMW's instead of just one. I just like the look of the 16" Alpina's on the E9's. They're my favorite wheels for the E9 plus I wanted to have the 3.5l 5 speed swap.

If you are interested or know anyone that is interested please let me know.

Thanks for the bump.

Paul Roupas
(312)804-3839

e3er

Reaction score
Not that I'm in the market, but may I ask why part out the e24?

It 'looks' like a pretty dry body from the pics, and sans stickers looks it appears to have potential to be a nice Coupe in and of itself!

waynesie

Reaction score
sorry to say, but as with the e3s, the 6 series cars are just in the tank for value for even a running driving car. Does the e24 run?

Paul Roupas

Reaction score
Not that I'm in the market, but may I ask why part out the e24?

It 'looks' like a pretty dry body from the pics, and sans stickers looks it appears to have potential to be a nice Coupe in and of itself!

She actually is in nice shape. I was originally planning on making her a driver for a few years until I was ready to do the E9. The whole reason for stripping her of her parts is because sadly she is probably worth more dead than alive. A nice set of 16" Alpinas are worth $2500 alone, then add the cost of the 3.5L M90 engine, the getrag 265 trans, the recaro seats, the rear diff...if you wanted all this in your e9 it is more cost effective to have the donor car. You have all the parts needed for the conversion, plus you get to sell off all the stuff you don't need. Don't forget you don't have to search and locate all the parts individually this way either, saving time and frustration.

waynesie said:
sorry to say, but as with the e3s, the 6 series cars are just in the tank for value for even a running driving car. Does the e24 run?

Waynesie you are right about the 6 series not keeping their value. That's the reason why I would strip her for her goodies. Unfortunately she isn't running currently, she has been sitting since 08.