Is there a rubber seal between the front bulkhead and outer fender?

lsquaredb

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Is there supposed to be a rubber seal between the vertical edge of the front bulkhead (flat inner part of the nose) and the outer fender? Thanks.

Leonard
'70 2800CS Bristol

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The only seal near the nose is the rubber seal that attaches to the radiator wall horizontally with a 90 degree upright angle to seal against the hood.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Is there supposed to be a rubber seal between the vertical edge of the front bulkhead (flat inner part of the nose) and the outer fender? Thanks.

Leonard
'70 2800CS Bristol

Leonard,

Are you referring to the vertical seal on the lower part of the outer fender, visible from inside the fender well (leading edge of tire)? If so, I would say yes. There was a discussion about it a month or two ago as well. It looks like the same seal that is on the upper area of the outer fender, up near the "fender box" (trailing edge of tire). It's kind of similar to your typical rubber door edging, but not as thick.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Leonard, do you mean here? If so, I would say yes there is supposed to be a seal there. At least I put one there, bought from W&N but not sure if they offer it anymore, didn't find it right now when I looked, but maybe with more searching.

Reactions: dp

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
right, i was looking at that also
i just used a regular "V" profile seal to protect the edge.
its shown in 41-4
but nla

lsquaredb

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the quick reply. It is the gasket that goes in the place marked on Robert's photo. I don't see it listed on W+N as available. I guess the search begins for a generic replacement.

Andy the aussie

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im at fender refitting stage :)

trying to figure out best practice for sealing her up, rubbers etc

what everyone's top tips ?

the mud cover seal seems to make sense, is there a separate part at the top that goes over these guys ?
https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/cover-sheet-upper-right-41-02-09.html

but up front as mentioned above is not so clear - what have you guys done at this end ?

as number #11 mentioned above seems to no longer be readily available, what has been used instead ?

and what about these little guys ?

https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/rubber-right-for-all-models-41-08-10.html

are they down the bottom of the front panel to fender ?

51711802551.fitment.png

so what have you all done with the area where the red dots are in the post above ?

TIA.

Last edited:

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Leonard, do you mean here? If so, I would say yes there is supposed to be a seal there. At least I put one there, bought from W&N but not sure if they offer it anymore, didn't find it right now when I looked, but maybe with more searching.

wouldn't it be an interesting place to use a structural adhesive here? It would seal the area effectively but also it would provide structural integrity; more then was present from factory-always a good thing? The adhesive itself would not distort the outer panel as (spot)welding normally does.